New Scales - Purchasing help please...

Options
Hi guys,

My scales have finally karked it and I need to buy some new ones (in the UK). Can anyone recommend a set that are reliable and not massively costly, I'm not interested in ones that work out fat percentage etc.

Many thanks! Also does anyone have any experiences of your weight being different after trying different sets of scales?

Thanks all in advance! : ) x

Replies

• gemma247
    gemma247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ive got a pair of the weight watchers electronic ones, they are really good, they even show quater n half a pound etc which is good, and they are very accurate!! xxx
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    yep i have looked into this for when mine conks out too (soon probably with the amount of action it gets nowadays!)

Weight watchers ones were the best, about £20!!
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've got the Weightwatchers ones that work on carpet, and measure to the nearest tenth of a pound. I'm a fan! I got them from Argos for about £20, I think.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    SOLD!!! Weightwatchers ones it is! :flowerforyou:
  • neil8r
    neil8r Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have weightwatchers scales (they make a large range of them), these ones in fact:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8321822/
    Trail/searchtext%3EWEIGHTWATCHERS+SCALES.htm

They work well, don't use up batteries heavily and seem to be very accurate.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My mom has the Weight Watcher one --- it weighs the same as my semi-expensive Tanita. I'd go for it.

And, yes, you may see a difference in the scales. Just remind yourself you didn't really gain if it goes up (and let it boost your ego if it goes down!!!).
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    ive got salter scales digital they are about 15 pounds and they give you half measures too :)
  • LaMaMiK77
    Options
    Which weight watchers? Cuz there's so many of them. I need to buy new scale mines acting up and says error...so I'm buying a new one today!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just purchased (last week) from Argos - Sallter ones - & they are brill
    They can b set up for four people if u want & they will record your history so when u weigh they will tell u how much you have lost/gained since 1st weigh in & the previous one blooming marvellous & they do ounces too
    Code 833/1472. £29.99
    Hope it helps :smile:
  • morenita71
    morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/8321822/reviews.htm

these are the ones I use - calibrated to quarter lbs. But still have to make sure I always put them in the same place - i think that's the fault of my wonky floors though and not the scales themselves...!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    i got the posh ones that tell you body fat %, water content, let you play tetras on them etc and found it a waste of money, but it does convert your weight into kilos,pounds and stones. It's a digital one from salter, got it from sainsburys for about £30 but the basic version is about £10. also, you must make sure that the surface where you place this type of scale is HARD and very even...when i weigh i have ceramic floors and it can still show differing readings so i weigh my self 3 times to make sure it's the same reading.

also, the nintendo wii balance board works as a scale. intact, thats the only thing it does, really.