Looking for any help !! About calories

Options
I want to loose weight do I go buy what it says my calories should be a day or the total amount of calories plus exercise calories?? Or do I ignore exercise calories and just keep it at my original amount ??

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You eat your calorie goal plus 50-75% of your exercise calories.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options

And then you monitor your weight loss over the next 4 to 6 weeks. If you're losing more slowly than intended, eat back less exercise calories. If you're losing weight faster than intended, eat back more exercise calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I want to loose weight do I go buy what it says my calories should be a day or the total amount of calories plus exercise calories?? Or do I ignore exercise calories and just keep it at my original amount ??

Just to confirm - you did select that losing weight was your goal, and you do recall picking an amount per week?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

You eat to your calorie goal and all of your actual exercise calories.
    Your base calorie goal is only for a day you do no exercise.

If you believe your exercise estimates are accurate or in reality, reasonable, then don't take off a random percentage. There are many ways to estimate exercise calories, some good, some ok, some hopeless.

For most people the accuracy of your food intake is a far more significant factor than exercise.