Have I killed my metabolism?

I've been a serial yoyo dieter/full on binger for years and with every diet I try losing weight gets harder and slower and more depressing. I did cambridge weight plan religiously and my mates were losing 5lbs a week and I was losing 1. I guess what I'm trying to ask is have I confused my poor metabolism so much that it has just packed up and left.

I'm currently 5'3 and 219lbs I dont expect to get to my goal weight in a matter of weeks but it would be nice to see some scale movement!

I'm starting out fresh and going back to good old weighing and measuring and logging and excercise and hope that I see some scale movement.

If anyone knows anything about metabolism i would be interested in your opinion.

Replies

• Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    5lbs a week is almost all water weight. Drinking lots of water and cutting down on sodium would give the same results the 1st week or 2. but 1-2 should be what you are looking to lose a week
  • laurahalford52
    laurahalford52 Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you all, i know 5lbs a week is not healthy but im not the most patient of people. This time im going to go slow and steady and kick this 81lbs of blubber
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    This is doable--1 to 2 lbs a week. Yes, it will take awhile, so choose a way of eating that you like and can continue for the rest of your life. Once the weight comes off you need to keep it off, so you're in training for that. You're on the right track now, just try to be patient. Take your measurements and keep a weekly journal. It will show you progress when the scale doesn't move. Read the success threads to lift your spirits--if they can do it, you can too. Good luck.
  • laurahalford52
    laurahalford52 Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks everyone, this time I really need to do it and I will be using these forums to keep me going.

Laura x