Time restricted eating - skipping breakfast, other had success?

Options
2»

Replies

• juststartedrunningagain
    juststartedrunningagain Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You see this is really interesting as without breakfast I don’t seem to get the mid morning crash. In fact I feel more focused. I do get a little light headed around lunchtime though but that’s when I eat.

We are all different. I woke this am (after only a few hours sleep) ravenous and let myself eat way too much. I think that was tiredness kicking in. Have been sluggish all day as a consequence.

My issue is actually if I don’t eat enough in the evening (I’m less motivated to eat much then) I can’t sleep so my main meal has to be sufficient enough to allow me to sleep!
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i typically work out in the morning and i’m the type that has no appetite after a cardio session. in fact, i can go without eating till 3-4pm, despite waking up at 7am during non-lockdown days. i do that half the time. other times, i eat at about 1pm. my last meal is anytime between 7-8pm. i started serious IF in December and it took me about a month to get used to 16:8. in the long run, calorie restriction and the proper habits will get you to your goal weight 😊
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have tried IF in the past and didn't like it. I am trying it again and it is working beautifully. I saw something in a previous post that might be the difference why - with the lockdown, I started focusing on sleep, I am getting more and better sleep now than I have in years.

I wonder if getting sleep helps with my hunger, my intuition says it does.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have tried IF in the past and didn't like it. I am trying it again and it is working beautifully. I saw something in a previous post that might be the difference why - with the lockdown, I started focusing on sleep, I am getting more and better sleep now than I have in years.

I wonder if getting sleep helps with my hunger, my intuition says it does.

Yep me too. My sleep is so much better and I baffled as this is an anxious time for so many of us so I feel weird typing this saying I feel great, well rested.

I’ve also stopped eating breakfast. First week was hard but I don’t feel hungry now. I find it easier to stay in my calorie goal with 2 larger meals