Help to not snack at nights

Options
twio2015
twio2015 Posts: 29 Member
edited May 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been snacking at nights for some time now and now that I am trying to watch what I eat the desire to snack has been so much. I am eating 1500calories a day. I have tried water and herbal teas. I also already had an apple as a snack. Should I just ride the waves.

Replies

• veroniquepoirier
    veroniquepoirier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth! It helps closing the day and help from eating. Go to bed early.
  • twio2015
    Options
    I am going to try some variations and see. Today I should be having a lot of protein.

I will also try just having coffee for breakfast.
  • fitfittestfitterfit
    fitfittestfitterfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anything you fancy incorporate it into your diet for the next day. That's what I do. also, go to bed early.
  • tallwillow2
    tallwillow2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth! It helps closing the day and help from eating. Go to bed early.

This is a great idea, it's worked for me in the past.
  • Alexziz
    Alexziz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me too that’s why I’ve been trying time restricted eating. Doing a fasted walk then coming home and having decent sized lunch and a tea with something sweet after. I’m ‘closing my window’ about 8pm and just chilling, having a bath, relaxing and not finding myself hungry. I’ve lost weight doing this recently last few weeks so I’m going to keep at it 😊
  • nixonshaun
    nixonshaun Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One of the things I did was to start replacing my snack options. Honestly, if I have cookies or a candy bar in the house, I will probably eat it. Just cant seem to help myself. However, I buy a bag of grapes for snack every week. When I feel like something sweet, I will swing by and grab a few grapes. i think a cup full of grapes is around 62 calories, and can be factored into your daily caloric value easier than trying to incorporate a 260 calorie milky Way. Look at some options you can picture yourself snacking on, and keep them on hand for those times.
  • nixonshaun
    nixonshaun Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    nixonshaun wrote: »
    One of the things I did was to start replacing my snack options. Honestly, if I have cookies or a candy bar in the house, I will probably eat it. Just cant seem to help myself. However, I buy a bag of grapes for snack every week. When I feel like something sweet, I will swing by and grab a few grapes. i think a cup full of grapes is around 62 calories, and can be factored into your daily caloric value easier than trying to incorporate a 260 calorie milky Way. Look at some options you can picture yourself snacking on, and keep them on hand for those times.

Sorry, I forgot to add. I have MFP setup for Breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack, Dinner, Evening Snack. Snacks are no more than 200 calories. Knowing i have up to 200 calories set aside for an evening snack is helpful if i need it. Some days I don't, depending on my workout and what i ate for dinner. So my meals are around 400 calories and snacks 200. Some grapes, a banana, some nuts or seeds are all doable for me without going over my daily allowable calories.
  • twio2015
    Options
    These are helpful guys. I have a mixture of snacks at home because my husband likes cookies and stuff.

I will be trying to save my snacks until in the evening and snacks of lower calorie
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I just had casein protein last night for the first time before bed and omg it made me never want to eat during the night again! It’s a slow digesting protein powder. I bought it for this reason. I was so full til breakfast.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    As Ann mentioned, I am one of those who saves calories. It was a midwife years ago during my second pregnancy who forced me into breakfast or weekly meeting with a nutritionist. I should have taken the meetings. Anyway, once I finally realized I do not “need” breakfast and am never hungry anyway I just started drinking coffee in the morning and then going about my day. Sometimes I realized I was even just missing lunch and eating it around 2-3pm. In this way I fell in to what is labeled intermittent fasting. Whatever you call it, it is a great way for me to regulate my calories. I love big meals! So now, I get a small, late lunch if I even eat lunch(usually because I am busy and have to eat it while moving), a large supper, and a decent snack/dessert with room for the 1-3times a week I will have wine or another drink in the evening. I can stick within my 1600-2000 calories easily this way and not fiddle around with tiny(in my eyes) meals all day, and just plan one great one with my family. It works for me.

Snacking in the evening is not in and of itself detrimental, you just have to find a way to work it in to your goals.