My macros are not cooperating

Options
taniagon23
taniagon23 Posts: 9 Member
I used macros in 2018 to lose weight and body fat and it worked. This week I stayed again and I don’t think my macros are updating correctly. How can I get manually to compare with the app?

Replies

• Rhysl345
    Rhysl345 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutrients_calculator.htm

This is a good calculator which has worked for me whatever my goal is over the years.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,986 Member
    Options
    taniagon23 wrote: »
    I used macros in 2018 to lose weight and body fat and it worked. This week I stayed again and I don’t think my macros are updating correctly. How can I get manually to compare with the app?

I don't understand your question.

Are you wanting to set percentages or a set gram total for each?

If you are using a fitbit or other tracking device, it will change your macros depending on your increased activity.
  • taniagon23
    Options
    Wow my grammar lol Sorry it was too early when I wrote this.....this morning I had coffee, almond creamer and egg whites. I supposedly already meet my protein %. See attached picture. My total % can’t be that 🤷‍♀️ any thoughts?
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's just the percentage of the calories you inputted so far (your creamer and egg whites) not the whole day. As you add more food to your diary it will adjust
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,986 Member
    Options
    That's just the percentage of the calories you inputted so far (your creamer and egg whites) not the whole day. As you add more food to your diary it will adjust

yeah, this.

So your egg whites, creamer and coffee meal is the breakdown you are seeing. The percentages are just using the calories you have eaten so far. 35% 40% 25% is the breakdown for that food you've eaten so far, it's not going to match your daily goals that you set, it's just those foods break down in those percentages of 100%.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    taniagon23 wrote: »
    Wow my grammar lol Sorry it was too early when I wrote this.....this morning I had coffee, almond creamer and egg whites. I supposedly already meet my protein %. See attached picture. My total % can’t be that 🤷‍♀️ any thoughts?

That is just a snap shot of that moment...and thus far your calorie consumption has been 45% protein or whatever. Look at your actual grams targets vs how many grams you have actually consumed.
  • taniagon23
    Options
    Thank you. This was helpful.