Remaining Calories???

Options
Hi I’ve been using this for a few months now and I just have a quick question on the “remaining calories”. I understand the remaining is how much you have left to eat to reach your goal for that day, but what if I leave those remaining each day, sometimes I have between 200-400 each day and then on my cheat day that would make up for the remaining from each day that week I suppose? I don’t like eating the remaining either as I’m always satisfied and not hungry even when I’ve ate about 1000 calories that day, I just want to see how other people use it and what they recommend is best.

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Some people “bank” calories for the weekend or a special event. As long as you are averaging at or under your goal you will lose weight even if the amount of calories you eat each day varies.
  • chloemaix
    chloemaix Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh ok thank you! I always got told not eating enough sends your body into “starvation mode” but surely if I’m not hungry there wouldn’t be no point in eating food.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    1. What you eat overall counts, not what you eat on each single day.

You could set your diary to weekly and then look at your total for the week - I find this very useful.

You still see each days intake as you go and your average intake for days that week and your weeks total.

So, log your cheat day as well and see if that makes the weeks total (and therefore your daily average) what it should be.

If not, adjust up or down.

2. If you have been doing this for a few months, what has your weight loss been over that time?

A few months is long enough to give useful data on actual results.

If you have, on average, been losing at your expected pace (and if that pace is appropriate for amount you have to lose) - then what you have been doing is working, regardless of how accurate or not your logged numbers are.

In which case, it aint broken - so dont change it.
  • chloemaix
    chloemaix Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @paperpudding i didn’t realise you could set the diary to weekly! I’ll definitely try that and see if I like doing it that way, I think that would be better as at the moment I don’t log cheat days, I wouldn’t really class it a day either because it’s just one meal I have on my cheat day that is the “cheat”. Also sorry I was supposed to put weeks, I’ve been on this for exactly 4 weeks and have lost 9lb my start weight was 196lb, and yes I wanted to lose 2lb per week and by the looks of it so far so good :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Since you are still new to this I would make sure that you do not bank more than 1200 calories (200 x 6 days). More than that could start showing up as a negative in your energy management. You could also create a situation where your cheat day is really your "binge" day after restricting too much. In other words you might create a binge - restrict cycle.

• paperpudding
    Options
    I've had mine set to weekly for so long that I can't remember how I did it :*

But I'm sure somebody else can post instructions if you need help with it.
  • HeidiMSM
    HeidiMSM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just checked and I could find no way to set to weekly. Would like to try it if somebody can tell us how.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Ok, I played around with it.

Try this: go to nutrition, at bottom of your home page, then at top middle of that page under nutrients is a drop down which gives you option of day view or week view - pick week view- you get a 7 day graph and it shows your daily amount and each day of that week, including your weekly average so far (ie today it only shows my average of Mon - Thurs.)
    and how many calories you have left for the week

also change the setting in that to net - so it adds you excercise calories on.

somewhere it also gives you the option to start your week on whatever day you want.
  • HeidiMSM
    Options
    When I go to my home page, there is nothing that says "nutrition". My page says at the top left "Your Daily Summary" and on the top right "Day Streak". Underneath it says "News Feed". Am I on the wrong page? I use a desktop computer, not a phone.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    I am on an iPad

What I suggest you do is start a new thread called How to set to Weekly Calories and more people will see it and someone can help you.
  • HeidiMSM
    Options
    Thanks paperpudding. I have checked this out on my i-pad and found it. I don't know why it doesn't show up using my computer.