Best fitness tracker to use with mfp?

Options
Hey y'all. I'm interested in buying a fitness tracker(preferably not a fitbit) so I'd appreciate any feedback on your favorites. Most important aspects is that it syncs with this app, has a accurate step tracker and a heart rate monitor. Thanks!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the *best* is, but I'm very happy with how my Fitbit works with MFP. I have a Charge 2 and it syncs with MFP, accurately tracks my steps, and monitors my heart rate.
  • seeahill
    seeahill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Check out the many Garmin devices. They synch with MFP. Pricey.
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/wearabletech/wearables/c10001-c10002-p1.html
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I really like my Galaxy watch active.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If you don't want Fitbit I am another that would recommend a Garmin which best suits your needs.
  • Marionkrut
    Marionkrut Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love my garmin, had a small amount of trouble getting it to sync initially but since no problems to report. I find it very accurate and the battery lasts for days.
  • Mrs_Addams
    Mrs_Addams Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've got a Garmin Vivoactive 4s.. and I love it. It does everything I need it to do - syncs to MFP, counts steps, tracks a wide range of activities, has accurate GPS tracking for outdoor activities, monitors heartrate/estimated calorie burn/sleep, connects to bluetooth earphones so I can listen to music, and functions as a basic smartwatch to boot. It's a great compromise between a fitness tracker, a running watch, and a smartwatch for me.

I think overall it depends what you want a fitness tracker for. Do you want to monitor a large range of fitness metrics, or just count steps/heartrate? Do you want it to track specific exercises? Do you need a GPS tracking function? Do you want it connected to your phone constantly so you can receive notifcations/text messages? Garmin I know has a range of devices at different price points with different functions so I'd recommend taking a look at what they have to offer and what fits your budget. Garmin are also pretty well-respected in the running & cycling communities has having decent standards. The 4s is my second Garmin device, and my first was a bog-standard running GPS watch which lasted years through sweaty, rainy, hot, cold, snowy runs.