Labor Day Fail.

mrskris10
mrskris10 Posts: 5
I was doing SO GOOD until this darn three day weekend.

I didn't even track the last two days we had parties to go to and all the yummy stuff that goes with parties...and with late night parties comes mornings where I cant bring myself to work out as hard as I normally do.

Bottom line. I am up 2 lbs (25% of what I want to lose). I am sure most of it is water weight but still a bummer. :(

Thats all, just having a pitty party. I only really want to lose 8 lbs, but its so freaking hard when one back weekend can bring you back almost to square one.

I am starting over right now. About to head out on a 8 mile run and back on my eating plan.

hope you all had better control than me!!

Replies

• I know the feeling. This past week in itself has been a challenge for me with tons of family birthdays and get togethers. Then last nights Cici's pizza didnt help things. I worked my tail off yesterday but still feel like crap. Here is to a better week this week.
  • Holidays (and the abundance of beer and delicious food that goes with them) are always a bit tough. But, who wants to live a life where we don't enjoy friends, family and fatty food now and then? Not me! Sounds like you are right back on track and I bet those pounds drop off within the week:bigsmile: Good luck!
  • Thanks! I was thinking to myself last night though (after my second helping of Banana Pudding Pie), there is ALWAYS going to be something that will deter me from eating well. There is at least one holiday or birthday party or date night with my husband per month, and lets not forget my neighbor at work who brings in donuts every thursday!!! if not multiple with a given month that will allow the "out" of "its a special occasion, lets chow down!"

So I need to learn to enjoy those things without "blacking out" and eating like I have shipwrecked on an island somehwere. :tongue: Like have a bite of the pie or just one margarita :wink:

I remember back when I was pregnant. I couldn't drink, and I had gestational diabetes so my diet was restricted. I was pregnant over the holiday season as well as my birthday. But I was still able to enjoy those event without the ability to really participate in the best of the food.

Anyways, its a learning process, and not one that will be perfect.
This discussion has been closed.