Someone please explain the madness

Options
So i have been participating in a online weightloss challenge and today was wiegh in day.

I got up really early and hopped on the scales before grabbing my phone, did a little fist bump as i made my goal.

Grabbed the phone and started to take the photos, this for my involves repeatedly getting on and off the scales, because my scales/camera hate me and it takes a few go's to snap a photo where the digital read out is actually readable on the scales and shows up in the photo.

During this annoying process i noticed my freezer was humming... it started rattling last night and i don't know why, so i paused the photo shoot for a few minutes to deal with the freezer. I don't know why i couldn't leave the freezer alone... it wasn't going to explode but the noise was irritating me during an infuriating photo process that alway's drives me nutts.

5 minute's later i resume trying to get my update to register for my weigh in....

Bare in mind there is still less than 10 minutes that has gone by between me doing the very first weigh and returning to the scales.. I have not eaten, drank, changed clothes or gone to the bathroom in this time..

So why the hell is my weight now 6lb higher? meaning i miss my goal...?

I mean there is always a flux of 0.1 - 0.2lb when i'm trying to get the photo i normally put this down to the way i'm standing on the scales or leaning due to trying to bend down enough to get the photo in shot/clear.

But 6lb?! i mean i can't put it down to food/drink in my stomach or anything.... how the hell did that happen?!

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    a) Is your scale on carpet?

b) When was the last time you changed the battery?
  • ktsj2015
    ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    on a hard floor and the battery's are pretty new.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily every morning, in my birthday suit. It takes 5 min, but I step on my scale 3 times in a row to ensure the accuracy of the reading.

The scale is always in the same place, resting on the same tile, facing the same direction ⬆️

I take the reading that displays at least twice. Also, my reading displays on mine for about 10 sec. That gives you enough time to step off the device and take your photo.
  • alabastermama
    alabastermama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi @ktsj2015!
    I can’t explain the madness, but it happens to me all the time. They say the scales don’t lie, but We know they sometimes do.

Good luck 👍🏽
  • watchitsteve
    watchitsteve Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a big shift like that all the time. I take mental note of the low number and put the high one into MFP. Maybe it's the temperature, who knows. I figure if I get more consistent about both the time I weigh in and the time I eat it will stabilize. For me it's kind of a fun thing. I see the low number as the one I will get to in a few days if I keep it up.