The Covid "19"

joyanna2016
joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
edited April 2020 in Success Stories
People on social media are talking about gaining the Covid 19, but I have done the opposite! Sine Feb 12 (10 weeks ago) I have lost 20 lbs. Yay me!

Replies

• Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Yea, I'm making it a point to not gain but lose during this time.
  • I'm the same! I'm back on here after a huge weight gain, starting tracking 3/14 (230.2) and today (5/16) I'm 212.4! I feel like being stuck at home has given me the time to re-focus, and counting my calories has given me a sense of control in this out-of-control situation.

What calories are you on?
  • hanweky
    hanweky Posts: 44 Member
    I jumped on the wagon too! I started late though so I kind of hope it doesn’t lift too early now lol. Only 1/5 of the way there
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 137 Member
    I lost.No takeaways or invites to meals.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I maintained (which is always my plan anyway). Hubby lost 19lbs.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I maintained but have been eating a lot more because now I have way more time to exercise.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    I'm down almost 22 lbs since March 19th - that's 11 weeks. Perhaps its just my area, but the stress of the COVID-19 never really hit my area; everyone seemed to just take the new social distancing requirements in stride and kept right on going. I stuck to my deficit but have greatly benefited by having more time since I don't have to commute to the office since we're all working from home, so I was able to add a lot more exercise to my daily routine.

In fact, I'm going to be sad to see our return to the office in September because I'll lose the time for my morning exercise I've been doing!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Actually, the COVID-“19” is exactly why I’m back here! I throw away (or give away depending on the condition) my pants as I lose weight and my biggest pair of pants was getting too tight. Wake up call for sure!

So here I am, back at it. And... I’m maybe 8-10 pounds down now... my regular pants fit again and I’m looking forward to shrinking out of them!

It is a sense of control in a crazy world.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    I am maintaining but I always worked out at home and ate most meals at home and so those habits haven't really changed. Got a puppy right at the time I started working from home (this was planned, she was born 1/22 and I brought her home 3/14) so I have playtime and walks to compensate for lost non-exercise walking (like across the parking lot and office lobby).
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    I have lost. No eating out and the ability to plan all my meals and stick to it, and to stick to my training plan. Not commuting means that I’m a bit less active on the everyday stuff but the up sides have more than balanced it out.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Great job, everyone! I've lost about 2lbs since beginning of March, but only really tried since May and really kicked things off last two weeks. My husband is a different story, he lost 10lbs during lockdown because he simply didn't eat lunch. Not the healthiest way to go, but I'm not complaining.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Not sure why I'm in THIS thread, but I'm one of those people who gained. My husband thought having 3 months of supplies meant stocking up on chips, candy and alcohol rather than healthy foods. I've since lost the weight I gained in those first weeks and am now working on the holiday weight gain. I've found the inability to get fresh produce more than once a week combined with my gym being closed for over 3 months a real challenge. Luckily the weather has changed and I can resume riding my bike. I can only look in awe at those of you who effortlessly dropped pounds.
  • magpieslim
    magpieslim Posts: 8 Member
    Im on here just over 3 weeks as i find working from home would help me count my calories better and eat better, only done my first weigh last week and from Friday to Friday i lost 8.6 lbs
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Down about 15 lbs here. Being at home has enabled me to be more focused on my food intake.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    For the first few weeks at home I was eating ALL THE THINGS and baking up a storm. I'm typically bad at cooking for just myself, but with the US/Canada border closed, I'm not able to go up and see my boyfriend or have him visit me, so I have complete control over what I'm eating now and have been challenging myself to make all food at home. Once I processed (read: ate) my feelings and found my new normal, I figured this was a perfect time to get my life into gear as I have minimal outside distractions and zero commitments, and over the past two months have dropped 24.4 lbs. To keep my brain from going off the deep end, I started walking a few miles daily in addition to tracking my food and have kept that up since returning to work. The past month back at work has been difficult, and with the shared US/Canada park near me now open for both sides to visit, I've had to be a little more careful since my boyfriend likes to bring tasty Canadian treats for me to have when we can meet up (and I'm horrible at saying no), but the phased return to "normal" eating stressors/exposure has helped me stay on track.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Down 10 lbs here. Hoping to make it 15 this month :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!