Fitness trackers or fitbit LOL

Options
Hi everybody I have a fitness tracker and I not sure if having one is helping me at moment
I wanted to just keep track of my steps and calories burnt mainly and when I am working out
is their any apps I could use for this kind of thing?

But how do people find having a fitbit or fitness tracker if you have one does it help? What would instead?
or does it get to much?
I wanted use mine when I exercising mainly or when I going out for a walk witch gets me out the house

Any idea what I can do is their any apps or anythink that would be more better
Thanks to anyone who may have any advise

Replies

• missyelainious
    missyelainious Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was using my phone’s pedometer for step count for 5 months and was walking A LOT but finding it hard to take over 6k steps. When I hit a weight loss goal I rewarded myself with a Fitbit Inspire and WOW! What a difference. It turns out your phone is just crap at counting steps and I was way underestimating. The fitbit app is pretty good and you can have it nudge you when it’s time to move, which is fun, and it pairs well with MFP. I just got the cheapest one for like $80 and it’s great. I was not interested in the heart rate version as I already have a separate HR monitor if I’m interested in that. Get one!
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My experience with a Fitbit Charge was less than stellar. Purchased primarily to track steps, time, and distance, I found it to be about as accurate and precise as Google Fit on my phone. The major drawback, for me, was the screen - it is unreadable outside. Any sunshine, even cloudy days, the screen information is washed out.

After my cardiologist recommended I occasionally check my blood pressure, I opted for a cheap fitness tracker that also monitors heart rate and BP. It is more accurate at counting steps than Google Fit, the BP & HR are also very accurate as checked against same readings in Doctor's office, and I can read the screen even in direct sunlight. It does just about everything, and does it as well as or better than, a Fitbit or other higher priced fitness tracker in its class. I've been using it for a little better than a year and have no complaints.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using a fitness watch of one type or another for coming up on 4 years. I like being able to have my progress and history tracked. I like that they show me where I am with my goals. And it’s really nice when I’m feeling frustrated because I’m not where I want to be, to be able to go back and see how far I’ve come. Not just my weight, but my resting heart rate, I can go back and see that my average calories burned has increased as my personal activity levels have increased, and the amount of time it takes me to finish a distance run etc.

I’ve had two fitbits and now I’m on an Apple Watch.

I don’t think the watches have made me better at keeping fit, but I do enjoy having the information that shows progress beyond the scale.