Some advice please

Options
iojoi
iojoi Posts: 378 Member
I am exercising regular again I alternate a kettle bells workout with aerobic workout and then walking on the days I don’t workout . I am keeping my calories count although I dont consider I am strict dieting but I thought I might lose a few lbs after a month .of the additional workouts .
Any ideas why I might not losing be would be appreciated?
just to say I do feel a bit trimmer which is odd!

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    iojoi wrote: »
    I am exercising regular again I alternate a kettle bells workout with aerobic workout and then walking on the days I don’t workout . I am keeping my calories count although I dont consider I am strict dieting but I thought I might lose a few lbs after a month .of the additional workouts .
    Any ideas why I might not losing be would be appreciated?
    just to say I do feel a bit trimmer which is odd!

The bolded is why.

If you arent being strict, weighing your food and making sure to account for all you're eating then you are eating more then you think and it's very easy to eat your deficit, even with exercise

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. Exercise can be part of creating that deficit, but if you aren't in a deficit you won't lose weight even if you're exercising regularly.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,057 Member
    Options
    ^^What they said.

Start logging all your food every day, keep doing the exercise! Time and consistency and accurate food logging is the key.

Here's a great How To thread about logging food:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone