I'M HAVING A HARD TIME, PLEASE HELP!!!

Options
:sad: HELLO EVERYONE, I'M A MEXICAN GIRL, AND I COOK EVERYDAY... BUT IT'S SO HARD TO LOG WHAT I EAT, BECAUSE I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THE FOODS I COOK. AND IT'S SO HARD TO ADD ALL THE INGREDIENTS ONE BY ONE... ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM??? :cry:

Replies

• 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    :sad: HELLO EVERYONE, I'M A MEXICAN GIRL, AND I COOK EVERYDAY... BUT IT'S SO HARD TO LOG WHAT I EAT, BECAUSE I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THE FOODS I COOK. AND IT'S SO HARD TO ADD ALL THE INGREDIENTS ONE BY ONE... ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM??? :cry:
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    YOu will probably have to build your own data base if you can't find it in the shared one. There is a web site for calculating cal. content
    www.caloriecount.about.com
    This should help, but you will probably have to take some time to calculate your recipes on that site and then transfer them as meals to MFP.
    Good Luck
  • ahanson
    ahanson Posts: 7
    Options
    can also try sparkpeople.com they have a recipe maker that lets you put in your ingredients and caculates everything for you-then save it here under the saved meal--works well for homemade items:wink:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    YOu will probably have to build your own data base if you can't find it in the shared one. There is a web site for calculating cal. content
    www.caloriecount.about.com
    This should help, but you will probably have to take some time to calculate your recipes on that site and then transfer them as meals to MFP.
    Good Luck
    I am also latina and do this.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I was in Mexico recently and it was difficult to figure stuff out. I tried to break it down by ingredient and I also added quite a bit to the database. You can now find "Vips - Tlalpeño" soup in the database. You'd be surprised what you can find by doing a Google search by putting in the name of the dish followed by the word "nutrition."
  • 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    WELL... AT LEAST I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE STRUGGLING HERE :tongue:
    I WILL TRY THOSE WEBSITES YOU GUYS KINDLY SUGGESTED AND HOPEFULLY,
    THAT WOULD WORK FOR ME.
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! GOD BLESS!!! :flowerforyou: