What's the dumbest thing you've done recently?

Options
spookyface
spookyface Posts: 420 Member
My tea bag ripped & some of the tea settled to the bottom of the mug. SOOO I thought I'll strain it thru this mesh basket thingy and I did but I pored it in and it went right down the drain cause I didn't put anything underneath to catch the tea. Now THAT'S Dumb!

Replies

• jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    I decided to check my voice mail while my phone was plugged into the fitness studio stereo. So it was broadcasted through the speakers.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Drying my hair in front of the bathroom heater, forgot to turn it off after my shower. Almost caught my hair on fire.

The same week I decided it was a good plan to wipe the oven out while the stove was on, almost caught my hair on fire again.

I either need a haircut, or switch to electric appliances.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Cut my hair too short.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Over the week I burnt both middle fingers on my hands trying to get a log to the back of our fire
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My husband sharpened my favorite knife he warned me it was really sharp. I started cutting and cut a piece of my nail off. Did I slow down NOOOOOO I cut some more really fast and sliced off a nice piece of my nail bed and skinned it really bad!!!!!! OUCH!!!
  • jlmpharm
    jlmpharm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Went Zip Lining with a broken ankle.....got kicked by a mule on the other ankle on the way up trail
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    Almost backed up into a car as i was pulling out today of grocery store, texting and driving does that...never text and drive...
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I just landed a pretty significant project at work last week, and I was very eager to get started. It's going to be a project that'll make us stand out in an industry we've been trying to break into for a while now. Anyway, the first thing I had to do was move the client's 2 existing websites to our hosting servers.

I packed up the sites, which were basic WordPress installs, and cloned them onto our servers. Then, using the credentials I got from the customer, I logged into their GoDaddy account to change the domains' nameservers to point at us. Well, I was so eager to get it done that I neglected to check if they had any non-standard DNS entries. Of course, they did. I changed the nameservers, checked to make sure everything was live, and then notified the customer that their sites were moved over and I'd be getting started on the next phase of the project the following morning.

First thing the next morning I'm greeted via phone by the owner, who is furious. Turns out their email was hosted separately from their websites (i.e. they were using a self-hosted Exchange server), and by changing their nameservers without checking the DNS records, I pretty much just turned off all of their email for an entire day.

Long story short, the customer and I agreed that it was a mutual mistake (I neglected to check the records, and they neglected to tell me they were using a self-hosted mail server). We agreed to communicate better, and the project is continuing.

And that's the story of how, in one week, I landed and almost lost an $18,000 contract.
  • clin71funyika
    clin71funyika Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hit my face on the stairs
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Trust someone.
  • Blossomhollyblossomholly
    Options
    Did not apply sunscreen :(
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Yesterday after my garbage was picked up, the garbage truck left the garbage container at the end of my driveway. I bumped it while I was packing up to go to work.ooooooooooooops!!!
  • teenster3
    teenster3 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fell into a kayak and paddleboat today with my mom, son and the girl trying to help me watching, wow....what a sight, lol! I got soaked waist down too.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I was cutting open the plastic wrapper around a whole chicken with knife teeth upwards and towards me. I stabbed myself in the middrift bulge. Not to bad though.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    Woke up.
  • Callousedthoughts
    Callousedthoughts Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Woke up.

Don't shortchange yourself...the day is long.

P.S. naps

Stupidest thing recently: ran out of alcohol.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Stay up all night window shopping on Amazon
    Couldn't sleep 😩💤