30 Day Shred-- 9/3/11 Day 1

Options
2»

Replies

• rockchick90
    Options
    Ive started it today! Literally just did the 20 min level 1 workout and its exactly as everyone says it is! i can rly feel it in mt arms and thighs, so many times i wanted to stop but I thought I CAN DO THIS and pushed through, Im expecting to feel sore tomorrow. Hoping for a weight loss but eve if I just tone up i'll be happy =D
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    OMG I couldn't even make through 5 minutes (3m strength, 2m cardio) I was dying by the second jumprope :( I had to stop, I thought I was gonna fall out. Who weighs 200+ and does this every day? I am thinking I will do it every other day because my muscles are so sore just from day one.

Thats a good start. You CAN do this! We are all here for you!!
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Okay so I just bought 30 day shred last night. How do you guys track how many calories you burn during the work out? Are you still doing cardio 3-4 times per week along with this work out? Are/How are you guys logging this on the exercise tracker on here?
    Sorry guys if my questions are kind of dumb but I need a little help.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Okay so I just bought 30 day shred last night. How do you guys track how many calories you burn during the work out? Are you still doing cardio 3-4 times per week along with this work out? Are/How are you guys logging this on the exercise tracker on here?
    Sorry guys if my questions are kind of dumb but I need a little help.

I think everyone asks the same questions so dont feel dumb!

I used circuit training, general... altough i just changed it to 30DS and 20 minutes 230 calories (same as circuit training) as a personal exercise...

I havent been doing anything else but its only day 2 for me... and I hurt!!

I am also doing the Jabba The Hutt vs MFP challenge to help keep me on track... because you lose lives (like a video game) if you dont exercise enough... and its funny... you can see more info from my challenges link in my signature.

WELCOME ABOARD!
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!! :happy:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My number one tip? Have a glass of water before you start and some water to hand throughout - you will sweat like you won't believe and you really don't want to have to stop half way to get a drink!

I only do it around three times a week but I'm still seeing results. I just set my alarm half an hour early, drag myself out of bed, do it then hit the shower before work. It gives me amazing energy for the rest of the day (and gives me an extra 190 calories to eat, if I choose!).

I notice there is a wide variety of amounts that people think they are burning with 30DS. Personally, for me (at 182lbs and 5'8'') I think it is only 190 calories. Got to remember, after all, that you are only actually doing cardio for 20 mins with this DVD.
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    My number one tip? Have a glass of water before you start and some water to hand throughout - you will sweat like you won't believe and you really don't want to have to stop half way to get a drink!

I only do it around three times a week but I'm still seeing results. I just set my alarm half an hour early, drag myself out of bed, do it then hit the shower before work. It gives me amazing energy for the rest of the day (and gives me an extra 190 calories to eat, if I choose!).

I notice there is a wide variety of amounts that people think they are burning with 30DS. Personally, for me (at 182lbs and 5'8'') I think it is only 190 calories. Got to remember, after all, that you are only actually doing cardio for 20 mins with this DVD.

I think it's based on weight also. If you go to the database and put in your CW and how long you did circuit training, then it tells you the calories... for me its a little over 200 for 20 min.
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    OMG I couldn't even make through 5 minutes (3m strength, 2m cardio) I was dying by the second jumprope :( I had to stop, I thought I was gonna fall out. Who weighs 200+ and does this every day? I am thinking I will do it every other day because my muscles are so sore just from day one.

Thats a good start. You CAN do this! We are all here for you!!

I did day one yesterday. But I couldn't get through day two. I am gonna do it tomorrow though, I have my stepdaughter doing it with me now (like she needs it, but it's a good motivator when you have someone doing it right along side of you).
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

I weighed in at 225 when I started this...I am down to 215 now. on the jumpropes I don't come off the ground...and I modified jumping jacks to alternating legs while doing arms the regular way. On day 8 now. I can do one of the series of jumping jacks but not all of them...so I save it for the final series when I'm really pushing myself as hard as I can.

I have also lost almost an inch on both arms, 1/2 inch on neck, 3 on waist and 5 on hips! Just started measuring my thighs so I don't have a loss for that yet...but I went from a tight size 20 pants to a perfect fitting 18 (not 18W but an 18!)
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    mistake :P

Did day 2 today. Still wobbly lol
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Had to skip a day. I looked like a goof at work, walking funny cause my calves were so sore. Day two begins tomorrow and I'll take down all my measurements so I can really see whats going on. Keep going everyone!
  • schlumy
    Options
    "around day 3 you want Jillian to step closer to you when you are doing the punches!"

OMG i DO THIS!!!! hahaha
    I totally punch at her while doing these...she revisits in workout3 with weights and i still do it. She's also a lot more annoying in workout1 than 2 & even less in 3. I HATE that she says "phone in it" the whole time!
    keep it up :)
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?