Earbuds for Running, Walking, Weight Training

Options
springlering62
springlering62 Posts: 7,809 Member
edited May 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
What earbuds or earphones do you use for running, walking, weights?

I have a super cheap pair from Amazon, but the wire around the back of my neck is driving me nuts, and they are hard to turn off and on.

I use an iPhone X and/or Apple Watch.

I’ve always had a problem with the included Apple earphones falling out of my ears easily, on all prior iPhones. My current earphones are the kind that spiral around your ear.

Looking for feedback for replacement earphones.

Thanks, y’all!

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Aftershokz. They are Bluetooth wireless headphone. I like them a lot and find them
    comfortable to wear while running. I also have an IPhone and they pair perfectly with my phone, I’ve never had a problem with them disconnecting or cutting out.

And they don’t actually go in your ear so they can’t fall out which is nice and makes it so I can hear both my music and my surroundings which is important to me when I’m running outside.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I've had these ones since September 2018, and been happy with them.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJD3GTR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Options to use either or both ear buds (I use both in gym, right on bicycle when not in pace line, left when running); no issues with battery life (I've done 4+ hour rides with them & have only ever run out if forgot to charge between multiple uses or it got turned on when thrown loosely into purse); they fit and stay in my ears better than most ; can control play/pause, volume up/down, track forward /back from the ear pieces (requires both to have all the controls... Vol down and track back is on left earpiece, up & fwd on right ear piece, both will play /pause).
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have these and love them. I haven’t had issues with them falling out, and the sound quality is good for the price. I actually have two pairs so one set is always charged and ready to go.

My husband paid the money for AirPods (not the waterproof ones) and they fall out and aren’t noise canceling. He’s admitted he wishes he had some more like mine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1GXXFN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_A6jXEbQ9FMNMH
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use Bose quiet comfort. I do marathons and while training I can’t stand having the buds slip out of my ears. These fit over the ear. They are the most comfortable ones I’ve ever used and as someone who runs very long distances, it was worth the investment. The best part is they resist wind and rain—which are issues I’ve experienced in the past with races. I haven’t raced in them yet and I don’t play music loudly as they are noise canceling. They also don’t slip during strength training.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I also wear AfterShokz bone conduction earphones. They aren’t in your ear at all which means you can easily hear any ambient/environmental noise (which is important when running/walking/etc.) and they don’t ever fall out or start to hurt.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of AfterShokz. If you run outside, I would recommend them. Allows you to hear traffic and bikers yelling, "on your left!" as they approach. The sound is great. Very comfortable.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of LETSCOM Bluetooth Headphones from Amazon maybe a month ago and they've been really good so far. They were fairly inexpensive ($17.99 I believe?) and they've performed great. I use them to run with, work out, do yard work and mow the lawn, no issues. They have a power/pause button, and volume up/down that also doubles as next track/previous track buttons. It's never died on me, I just charge it every now and again.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,007 Member
    Options
    I just got these and used them all day today....love them...great sound and no dropouts

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07WWG151L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1