Postpartum mommas

I’ve just had my third baby 2 months ago. I’d love to connect with other moms trying to lose the baby weight. I’m exclusively breastfeeding and finding it challenging to balance eating enough calories to maintain my milk supply but not eating so much that I don’t lose weight.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Congratulations! I am 7 months post-partum with #3, breastfeeding (he is getting some solids) but trying to maintain and work on my body composition. It took me about 5 months to lose the weight but not where I wanted to be so trying to work on that now.
  • irchik716mfp
    irchik716mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Hey! I’m also in the same boat, baby boy is 5 months and I’m exclusively breastfeeding. Hoping to lose the extra pounds all the while keeping my supply up.
  • alycat8919
    alycat8919 Posts: 4 Member
    Sardelsa are you exercising as well? My body looks so different after three babies.

Irchik716mfp Hello! Congratulations on your little boy ❤️
  • kellimichelle05
    kellimichelle05 Posts: 8 Member
    3 months pp here and trying to count macros starting last week!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    alycat8919 wrote: »
    Sardelsa are you exercising as well? My body looks so different after three babies.

Irchik716mfp Hello! Congratulations on your little boy ❤️

I am lifting 3x per week (well trying, so hard with all the kids home now). I feel like my body has definitely changed after #3.. I gained the least with this pregnancy but I am having a really hard time getting my body even close to back now. I think it's normal!
  • katashalouise
    katashalouise Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, had my 2nd baby 3 weeks ago, want to get myself back into a good routine with food and eventually exercise! And hopefully lose the pounds that I never lost from baby #1 never mind the ones from baby #2 🙈
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Hi! I just had my 2nd baby 3w ago and ready to get fit again!
    I lost pre pregnancy about 35 pounds but gained 50 while pregnant :cry: Now I’m back to square one. And have about 40 to go.
    I did it once. I’ll do it twice but I’d like to find some other moms to chat about challenges meanwhile :smile:
  • quantumdreamer1122
    quantumdreamer1122 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I just had baby #2 9 weeks ago, I was 150 before getting pregnant, and at that time I just really wanted to tone up. Now I’m 172 after losing about 15 pounds of baby weight and I’m needing some encouragement. I exclusively pump, and I’m struggling with finding a balance between eating enough calories that I don’t lose my supply and eating too many calories. I’d love a support system while I’m on this journey!
  • rauriebirch
    rauriebirch Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there. Congrats to all you mamas! Such wild times to be having a baby.

I’m 5.5 months postpartum and working hard in the weight loss. I had three kids in five years, and the pins kept creeping with each pregnancy and the inherent challenges of taking care of oneself while raising little kids. I’m down 65 from the day I gave birth but still have about 35 more to go. Unreal.
  • chantalnarcisse
    chantalnarcisse Posts: 36 Member
    I’m 3 months postpartum and breastfeeding too this is my 3rd baby in 4 years. I gained more than normal this time I think like 45lbs we traveled a lot and moved state so more takeout, stress, snacks and less working out.
    I have 30lbs(pre this pregnancy) left to lose at least, maybe 40lb(pre any pregnancy).
  • chantalnarcisse
    chantalnarcisse Posts: 36 Member
    Hi there. Congrats to all you mamas! Such wild times to be having a baby.

I’m 5.5 months postpartum and working hard in the weight loss. I had three kids in five years, and the pins kept creeping with each pregnancy and the inherent challenges of taking care of oneself while raising little kids. I’m down 65 from the day I gave birth but still have about 35 more to go. Unreal.

Definitely a strange time to have a baby! I heard so many scary hospital birth stories. We ended up having our baby at home without a midwife this time because we had planned to go to the birth center but all their rules changed about who was allowed in the day I went into labor also no babysitters available. So I was too stressed there and my contractions stopped so we went home made dinner put the kids to bed and then had her in a more peaceful environment.
  • laurenlosesthebump
    laurenlosesthebump Posts: 8 Member
    Just had my first baby 5 weeks ago and I’m really motivated to get healthy for my family.

Only 8 more pregnancy pounds to lose but about 100 total pounds to be healthy.

Looking for any and all accountability friends
  • Reader818
    Reader818 Posts: 24 Member
    I had my first in January, and I’d love some support. I have about 25 to lose to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, which is the first goal!

I’m using formula as breastfeeding didn’t work out for me.