Running Shoes - which color do you like?

Options
2»

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I live near the high school and cross a busy “cut through” road several times on my running route. Visibility is my one and only concern. I think you can see me from space (although somehow still invisible to drivers). I would never choose black shoes. But seems like maybe that’s a girl thing.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    The orange because I'm funky like that
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I live near the high school and cross a busy “cut through” road several times on my running route. Visibility is my one and only concern. I think you can see me from space (although somehow still invisible to drivers). I would never choose black shoes. But seems like maybe that’s a girl thing.
    I vote neon for anything running because of visibility! My day to day attire is mostly black... my running gear is neon everything! But I agree, still invisible to drivers somehow. Even in our super quiet, dead end neighborhood I had a too-close-for-comfort moment when a car too a turn too wide (I was standing off of the side of the road in a pile of leaves waiting to see which way they were turning at the T), I knew the moment they finally saw me when the car jerked back onto the road and slammed on the brakes. Oi!

Side note - if you are paying good money for running shoes I would keep them strictly for running because wearing them for other workouts or errands is going to put unnecessary wear and tear on them...
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Love the orange!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Understated elegance. I'll let my results speak for me. Often, they don't speak kindly ;-) I haven't found shoe color to be of much effect ;-)
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    For myself, any colour as long as it's black. And I am very annoyed that most black shoes these days have white soles. I like all black. That said, I utterly love those orange shoes you are considering.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Get them both. I have 4 (6 if you count the retired ones I use for yard work) pairs of running shoes, so no matter what I wear I match. 😉
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I haven’t bought shoes based on color, but I did get a bit carried away with arm warmers to match my new tri kit. And I’m convinced that the lightning bolts give me an extra ten watts of power. ;)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I haven’t bought shoes based on color, but I did get a bit carried away with arm warmers to match my new tri kit. And I’m convinced that the lightning bolts give me an extra ten watts of power. ;)

At least 10. Probably 14. 17 if you got them in a garishly bright color :wink:
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

At least 10. Probably 14. 17 if you got them in a garishly bright color :wink:

This is great news, since I just ordered the "endless summer" tropical print pattern arm coolers for hot weather riding. :)
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Pink or whatever color doesn't look horrible as long as the price and shoe is right
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    performance and quality is way more important than how it looks for fitness. other types of shoes..well that's another story!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about ordering another pair of these because the color was discontinued. It's basically the color of glacial lakes, which are most of my favorites, so it makes me happy. I have a shirt in the exact same color, somebody stopped me on a hike last summer to tell me my shirt looks like Diablo Lake. 🙂

Norvan-SL-Shoe-Dark-Firoza-Labyrinth.png?auto=format
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I always end up getting neon colors because that’s whats on sale. Guess nobody likes them lol. My current running shoes are teal with I think pink or orange on them. I’ve actually been complimented on them two times. The ones before were a bright yellow lol. I prefer neutral colors though.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Current rotation (trail shoes in the middle).

tw92muzl1p7e.jpg
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Current rotation (trail shoes in the middle).

tw92muzl1p7e.jpg

hahaha...mine is the opposite -- 4 or 5 pairs of trail shoes around 1 or 2 pairs of road shoes.