Looking for some insight or help

I started on May 2nd at 331.2 lbs.
Week 1: Lost 5.8 lbs ended at 325.4
Week 2: Lost nothing ended at 324.2 (even though on I did get to 323.2 twice during that week)
This week started at 323.2 on Sunday and today I'm at 323.8 (even though Monday I was at 322.6 and I reduced my calories to 1500 instead of the 1720 that MFP suggested since I have hypothyroidism (it's treated).

I'm doing cardio 5 times a week for 30 minutes and strength training 3 times a week with a day in between. I drink at minimum 8 cups of water. What else can I do to lose weight? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited May 2020
    You've lost 2,9lbs per week on average. You don't need to do anything else, you're already at a fast weight loss rate (too fast even, if it continues at this rate).
    You just lost more water weight in the beginning and your body is readjusting.

PS being hypothyroid shouldn't influence your weight loss rate much, or not at all, if it's being treated successfully. I would continue to eat 1720 (plus exercise calories) since losing weight too fast isn't good for your health.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited May 2020
    You're actually doing great! Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks will be decent losses, and some weeks won't. So many things can cause your weight to fluctuate - more sodium or carbs than usual, hormonal/menstrual/ovulation issues (if you are female), weird things like sunburn or traveling, the list goes on. Those things have absolutely nothing to do with fat loss.

If you are maintaining a calorie deficit, the weight loss will come. Trust the process.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited May 2020
    PS: I recommend reading this article about weight fluctuations.
    https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

You need to look at the trend of your weight over a longer period, since your weight can go up or down each day.
  • adoglover
    adoglover Posts: 22 Member
    Thank you for the help