Afraid to Weigh in

Options
So, I am tracking everything I eat and exercising daily, but now I am afraid to weigh myself. I don't want to be disappointed after all the hard work I have put in. I don't feel like anything has changed. I still feel terrible about m body.

Replies

• ozgui
    Options
    Have courage and realise that there are literally millions of us out there with you. I just got started ( again......) too. I don't want to do it each day but try not to focus on it ( the scales...) and really celebrate the small victories when they come. good luck - we are all behind you ( and us!)
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself. Your measurements take a lot more effort to change than your weight which fluctuates the entire day. Seeing your measurements being stable or better yet, decreasing, hould then give you the courage to try the scale.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Seriously. It is JUST a number. I gained a pound this week. I am getting over it....lol. Slowly. I was an angel.

We never weighed ourselves on the way UP now did we????? So why do we obsess and some of us, daily, weigh ourselves?

Take a peek but don't take it to heart. Keep doing what you're doing so long as it follows your guidelines.

And let us know how you did!

*cheers you on.....*

xxoox
    Bevy
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You don't have to weigh-in. Just go by how you feel. If you're starting to feel better, that's what counts. If you do decide to weigh, don't weigh anymore than once a week. You could also go every other week that way, when you do weigh-in you have a greater chance of seeing a bigger number. Keep up the good work and know that you can do it!! We are all here to support and motivate you too!
  • ozgui
    Options
    Great advice ( not obsessing ) and yes - I didn't do it on the way up............Thanks - am just getting started!
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    So, I am tracking everything I eat and exercising daily, but now I am afraid to weigh myself. I don't want to be disappointed after all the hard work I have put in. I don't feel like anything has changed. I still feel terrible about m body.

I have the same problem. I weigh myself every two weeks now instead of weekly and it makes me feel good if it says ive lost 2lbs instead of 1lb.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When I grow up I want to be like you!!! (every two weeks)

I don't think I could do it!

(p.s. I meant plural as in 'we as weight loss people' can/tend to obsess. ;)

xoxo
  • suzikay
    Options
    It is scary, especially at first. I remember feeling like you when I started nearly 3 months ago, and was pleasantly surprised when I did, If you are eating and exercising within your limits, change must happen. I was also disappointed to have only lost 1lb after our recent holiday, but I had been taking more pain killers than usual to cope with all the exploring we were doing, and the meds slowed up my digestion. Now I've come off them again, the weight is going down nice and quickly and I am still on track after all. It is, after all, all science.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've been there...and allowing myself not to weigh myself is how I gained the weight (figuratively, of course). I'm too good at deluding myself into thinking I haven't gained THAT much. When in fact, yes I did. So for me, I cannot allow myself the luxury of not weighing.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    oh honey, I'm there too. I'll avoid it if i don't feel "lighter" to me. I know i put back on 5 lbs. I know its my fault for following hubby eating. Its just a matter of biting the bullet and fixing the issue.

everything is fixable.
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel and I always think that it's well worth only doing it once a week and then just not thinking about it other than that at all!

Obsessing over it will make it harder for you to motivate yourself (at least it does me!) and I have to remember, you're doing this to not only weigh less, but to feel better, and as long as one is happening, the other will always follow!

It's much easier to focus on losing weight when you're not stressing out about losing weight :laugh: