MFP Calorie Counter?

Options
1Gatsby1
1Gatsby1 Posts: 3 Member
Is the built-in MFP calorie counter the most accurate counter when setting nutrition/weight loss goals? I've been reevaluating my calorie intake goal, and the number MFP spit out for me was a lot lower than other calculators out there, even ones like the Mayo Clinic's that I'd assume were reliable.

I'm a 6'3" male, 225, aiming to get back down to 200. Most other calculators have me at 2,200/day to lose weight. MFP put me at 1,500, which seems extreme to me, but I could be wrong. I'd already lost 20 pounds doing around 2,350 but have stalled out in the last month or so, hence the reevaluation.

Thoughts?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Where did you set your weekly weight loss goal, and daily activity level? Healthy weight loss would be .5 lbs a week.
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    And were those calculators including exercise? Cause mfp does not count any workouts as part of the goal

So you may of selected too high of a weight loss target and may be comparing them to calculators assuming calorie burns
  • 1Gatsby1
    1Gatsby1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, I think the others were assuming my old workout schedule pre-pandemic, which I have not kept up as much since trying to work out at home. I adjusted the activity levels on them, and they are all now between 1,400 and 1,900 for aggressive weight loss.

Thank you for the tips!