What am I doing wrong?

Options
So I am 45. 5'5 and 115 lbs. I lowered my cal intake to 1200. I excercise atleast 30 min or more 6 days a week. I also intermittent fast everyday and calorie cycle on the weekends. I am not losing anything and actually gained 2lbs this week. I typically drink 48 ounces of water per day and log and weigh everything. This time last year I weighed less so now I am ready to pull my hair out b/c why am i gaining?

Replies

• amywillis49
    amywillis49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are already very light, how much weight are you trying to lose?

Around 5-7
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Water weight. Your body holds extra water to repair muscles when you start a new exercise. Water also fluctuates due to menstrual cycle, ovulation, sunburn, injuries, travel, etc, etc, etc.

If you haven't eaten in surplus, you aren't gaining fat.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    With you already being so light, it's going to require patience and consistency and you can't be throw off by temporary water weight fluctuations. How long have you been doing this?
  • amywillis49
    Options
    With you already being so light, it's going to require patience and consistency and you can't be throw off by temporary water weight fluctuations. How long have you been doing this?

About 2mths...I did initially lose about 4lbs in the first 2 weeks. At a standstill since. I was thinking maybe up my calorie intake to maybe 1400
  • amywillis49
    Options
    I was 108 and that's where I felt the best. I would be ok if I lost inches and not weight but have not been losing that either. I do pilates and some free weights.
    I will try doing what u reccomend.
    Thx!