Hello, This year cannot stop me!

Options
ehleeda
ehleeda Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi folks... I'm Elida, 53, from Chicagoland. I lost my mom in 2018 and that was, is still devastating. I felt depressed and very much alone in my grief. I tried to break out of that late last year and was beginning to make some progress this year. By progress i mean being social, more interested in life, my health etc. Then covid19 suddenly threw a wrench in my plans. I watched my progress disappear as i faced unemployment, anxiety, the end of a friendship and isolation.

I realize this time though, that this setback wasn't my fault. This lockdown has affected the entire world. I am still struggling with my loneliness but now i am heavier than ever. I accept that this is me now, grateful to be alive, existing but not really happy. I want better. I want my mom to know that I'm ok.

I am on a journey to not only regain my health...but to live my life in a meaningful way. So with that said thank you for reading!

Replies

• jasonjames198
    jasonjames198 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    👍👍💪🏻
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Hey Elida, very sorry for your loss. I am 53 also. If you're looking for some MFP friends for support and encouragement with your journey, feel free to add me. Good luck, you can do this!
  • ehleeda
    Options
    Hi, yes I'd like to add you, but how?
  • ehleeda
    Options
    Thank you Jason, island girl and J... :)