Calorie Goal

Options
I'm actually having a hard time REACHING my calorie goal that this place sets for me! And it gets mad saying I could be undernourished or whatever.... Is that a problem?? How can I fix this without adding caloric foods?

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you want to reach your goal, you will have to add more calories. If you're not hungry, I suggest a bit of peanut butter. It's very calorie dense, but full of good fats and protein.

If it's a consistent problem, try buying less things that are "light" or "fat-free" because the fat is usually replaced by sugar or sodium which can hamper your weight loss.
  • martinh78
    Options
    What is your goal and what are you reaching?

If you are here to loose weight then you must have been able to eat more than your calorie goal in the past...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    What is your goal and what are you reaching?

If you are here to loose weight then you must have been able to eat more than your calorie goal in the past...

That's not necessarily true. I've known a lot of people here who gained weight by not eating enough and slowing their metabolism.
  • amyyo523
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight, yeah. And I mean I've always been picky and I don't really eat that much so it confuses me on why I haven't already lost it, but the metabolism thing makes sense!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    with only 20 pounds to lose it will be VERY important to not only eat your calorie goal but also make sure that your goal isn't too low!! Undereating will only force your body to hang onto the fat reserves that it has for fear you are starving (just like the little note says - LoL)

So set your goals to ONLY 1/2 pound loss per week and weigh and measure your foods accurately.

Also, try to be very accurate when accounting for exercise calories and eat them all back.

Do cardio and add in some weights, starting light and then progressing to heavy as you can.

Some food suggestions that are high in calories and not as filling (this is a good thing for you if you are having trouble) are:

nuts - almonds are great (1/4 cup is 170 calories)
    avocado
    cook in olive oil
    peanut butter (2 T is 190 calories)

Stay away from junk and fast food restaurants, soda, etc.

Best of Luck!
  • martinh78
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight, yeah. And I mean I've always been picky and I don't really eat that much so it confuses me on why I haven't already lost it, but the metabolism thing makes sense!

Sorry I meant what is your daily calorie goal, and what are you reaching.

You might have a goal of 1500 and be hitting 1350 each day, which would be very different to a goal of 1200 and eating 700 each day...