Cleanse and Working Out

Options
So last week I worked out 4 days out of 7 and ate at or below my calories goal all 7 days... losing only 1.4 pounds. It just seems like so little considering I have really just started working out consistently, I expected more and am kinda disappointed, ok not kinda I AM disappointed.

So I thought I would do a cleanse to kick start my metabolism on Tuesday/Wednesday of this week. My question is have you done this and if so did you work out while on cleanse and what cleanse did you use?

Replies

• brissettej
    Options
    Hi, I used Colonix. It is little pricy, but did the magic to me. I highly recommend it!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    So last week I worked out 4 days out of 7 and ate at or below my calories goal all 7 days... losing only 1.4 pounds. It just seems like so little considering I have really just started working out consistently, I expected more and am kinda disappointed, ok not kinda I AM disappointed.

So I thought I would do a cleanse to kick start my metabolism on Tuesday/Wednesday of this week. My question is have you done this and if so did you work out while on cleanse and what cleanse did you use?

This is exactly why I don't emphasize weight loss numbers for those wanting to lose weight. Instead I emphasize BMI improvement and how your clothing fits. You may have lost 3 lbs. of fat, but gained 1.6 lbs of lean muscle or even some water weight, it doesn't mean you're not getting healthier just cause you only lost 1.4 lbs.
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    More than 1.4lbs a week is really not advisable. Be happy with your loss.
    Also not sure what you expect a cleanse to do? You won't 'kickstart' your metabolism by juicing or going very low cal, you're more likely to mess it up.
    Keep at what you're doing, there are no quick fixes.
  • Sanjanapahalad
    Sanjanapahalad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Max Muscle Cleanse and Lean is the best!!!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I did one a few years ago, Carol Vorderman (she's a Brit, it was basically all fruit, veg, brown rice or grains like Quinoa.) It worked really well for a short period of time (I'd recommend it for short term objectives, like nice dress to get into or a holiday) but I've got to say it left me feeling quite weak.
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Remember that when you work out, your muscles retain water to heal. And 1.4 pounds is a good, healthy, sustainable amount to lose :) I have the same problem, when I step on that scale and don't see a big loss, when I'm doing everything "right" it is disappointing, but we have to remember that the little losses stick around better than the big ones :) I don't know anything about a cleanse, just wanted to say that part :)
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    1.4 pounds is a great loss for one week! You should be proud!
  • NicRiv26
    NicRiv26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is a good question and had to ask my girlfriend who just finsh one and is working out like crazy. She said while doing it, do listen and DRINK WATER LIKE IT IS GOING OUT OF STYLE. She said she felt the energy just coming thru her and it just fueled her workouts. She said it worked for her , but she went by how she felt. She suggested working out for like 15 minutes on a Treadmill or something like a lite jog it you feel dizzy and stop wait a day and do it again untill you don't feel dizzy no more.

Hopefully this info helps a littte, GOOD LUCK!!!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    More than 1.4lbs a week is really not advisable. Be happy with your loss.
    Also not sure what you expect a cleanse to do? You won't 'kickstart' your metabolism by juicing or going very low cal, you're more likely to mess it up.
    Keep at what you're doing, there are no quick fixes.

this.
  • yoghurtand
    Options
    1.4lbs is a really good sustainable loss, be happy :) It's early days yet - why don't you keep trucking on and see where you are in a couple months? If your losses start to slow then, you can rejig your exercise routine or diet. I believe that cleanses are placebos at best and harmful at worst. Colonics freak me out and they only remove the food waste that would come out eventually anyway. For juice detoxes and liquid diets, as long as you are getting proper calories in, I suppose it's okay, but again, you are probably not losing any actual fat mass, just not holding onto the food weight you were before. Any of the other 'detoxes' like Master Cleanse are awful. They are unnecessary, make you weak and you will likely eat like a hog when you come off it.
  • southwestern25
    Options
    My trainer recommends The Cleaner. All natural and it works!
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    A bottle of magnesium citrate and 32oz of water will have you flowing like a river in about 30-60 minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE.