Should you eat your exercise cals? Go figure this one!

Options
Been riding bike extra hard week before last and gained 3lbs. I was not eating enought cals to keep up with my excecise. Did not get to workout or ride bike last week and lost 4.5lbs just on MFP cals. I was putting my body into starvation mode.

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    This happened to me, too! I was on crutches for 2 weeks and no working out so I was cautious with cals like CRAZY...backfired!
  • NicRiv26
    NicRiv26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel yes and no. One day out the week you should indugle when you have those extra calories. One the body needs little extra protein and carbs when you have a intense workout. Plus this helps you treat yourself to the foods you like so you do not binge in the future. This has worked for me, hopefully for you as well.
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    Eat 'em up, yum!
  • vmckenzie82
    Options
    ok soooo this morning i burned 919 cals doing P90X...does this mean that I need to eat those calories in addition to my 1200????
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    ok soooo this morning i burned 919 cals doing P90X...does this mean that I need to eat those calories in addition to my 1200????

www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
  • vmckenzie82
    Options

www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

OMGoodness thats a lot of calories! thanks :)
  • omgitsgarry
    Options

You should eat them back or at least until your net calories say you have eaten 1,200 with your workout extracted from your total. If not, you'd only be eating 281 for the entire day.

I use to not believe it, until I started to feel sick to the point of almost passing out. I'd also be very irritable. I eat them back and now I am seeing results, I have less of a temper, and I am just generally happy.