Hello All!

Options
I just signed up for MFP about an hour ago. I'm kinda linear, so I started with the Rules. I entered a recipe for my dinner meal tonight, and was thrilled to see the calories, etc. pop up in the information. I'm 66 and want to lose approx 60 lbs. I'm excited about logging meals, starting to exercise slowly, and continuing in my quest to change my lifestyle to become the best me I can be. I've never tried a special "diet". Weighed 140 lbs at full-term 4th pregnancy at age 30. Pre-pregnancy weight was always 120-125. I'm 5'2", and now 193 lbs. I really dislike (hate) myself for allowing the weight to pile on over the years, but it's never too late to make a 180 degree turn and head back to health. Look forward to getting acquainted with many of you, and giving & receiving encouragement and wisdom from one another.

Replies

• KittyPryde2
    KittyPryde2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't hate yourself! I only know you from this single post and I already adore you! I'm sending you a friend request now!!!!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pacific0406! I started last Sunday and am impressed with this app. I'm 53 and could stand to lose a decent amount of weight. I'm trying to change my lifestyle also and beginning to exercise slowly as well. I'm ready though, I have had enough. I've sent you a FR, feel free to add me. To anyone else looking for MFP friends for encouragement and support, feel free to send me a friend request!
  • Pacific0406
    Pacific0406 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @KittyPryde2 and @JCharles3227 , I am just seeing your responses to my introduction! This app is still very confusing to me. I'm a very smart girl, but I AM getting older. Takes me a little longer to figure things out these days. Can I blame it on all this isolation?
    Anyway, where do I accept friend requests? I got a notice that I am now friends with someone I've never heard of! How did that happen??? :#
    Thanks for welcoming me!!!
    Barb~
  • Jana_2020
    Options
    @KittyPryde2 and @JCharles3227 , I am just seeing your responses to my introduction! This app is still very confusing to me. I'm a very smart girl, but I AM getting older. Takes me a little longer to figure things out these days. Can I blame it on all this isolation?
    Anyway, where do I accept friend requests? I got a notice that I am now friends with someone I've never heard of! How did that happen??? :#
    Thanks for welcoming me!!!
    Barb~

• Jana_2020
    Options
    Tap the 3 Horizontal lines on the left, choose Friends, on the top right you will see the word Friends, tap on it, then hit the checkmark to accept. 🙂
  • Jana_2020
    Options
    Sorry, you will see the word REQUESTS