Options
2»

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    innaa1789 wrote: »
    @4legsRbetterthan2
    Oh no no, I didn’t mean anything negative against you, just took the opportunity to vent 🙈.
    And that’s actually very neat what the governor did! Took such a load off many shoulders, I’m sure.

COVID DOES SUCK! Can’t wait until life starts returning to normal.

I've forgotten what normal feels like. :/ I doubt I'll see normal again within my lifetime. But that's okay. I wasn't normal to begin with.

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    There's no such thing as non-essential. We're all essential.

But are some more essential than others? The essential essentials.

Yes!
    we are all essential.
    I am "essential" but low on the list of 'essentials' if it gets down to it...apocalyptica tiering
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    There's no such thing as non-essential. We're all essential.

PEOPLE are all essential. Your JOB is not necessarily essential.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it sucked no visitors and family refuse to see me when I had my little one back in March. I feel for women who go through it alone when there isn't a pandemic.

My cousin just had a baby too, she allowed the grandparents to visit, and her siblings. She wants us to go visit but I rather wait, if the baby were to get sick, I don’t want to be a thought or have that on me. She sends a lot of videos, sucks we’re missing out on her at this stage though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    No one wants it, but the silver lining for me is that the last 2 months have me ALL CAUGHT UP on my honey do list. I've gotten more done in the last 2 months than I have in 10 years when it comes to my home.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Kind of a weird question. Though I’m sure there’s some really demented people that don’t. I don’t want to meet any of them though,

Not necessarily demented, but some people are actually making lots of money off the situation. My job is essential, one of my co-workers and her husband are both essential, between stimulus money and free child care since they are essential they have tons of extra money at the moment.
    My household income is too high for any stimulus. I’ll never get any stimulus ever 😭

All my friends are getting payouts and some are getting more on unemployment. I hear people say they make more money on this arrangement and some got really mad their employer got the PPP money for small businesses and aren’t furloughing them. Because they lose out on free money.

It’s effed up

Yeah, I am glad the money is there for the people who really need it. As always, people who abuse/want to abuse the system annoy me. What can you do 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I can't hate a virus or bacterium anymore than I can hate any other malady of humankind. It's just something that happens.

What I can strongly disagree with and remain in my home despite restrictions being lifted in most places is the fact that a lot of people appear to be going insane because of the lockdown and ensuing panic.

A man shot a cook in a Waffle House because they told him (more than once) that he had to wear a mask or they couldn't serve him.

A woman at a McDonalds shot up the place after being told that the dining portion was closed and that she could not eat there (that she would have to take her food "to go".

A church in my current state of residence was burned to the ground and vandalized yesterday because they were planning on suing the local government over COVID restrictions enforced by the local township that disrupted their Bible study and Easter celebration (they were gathering in groups of larger than 10 and were cited by the city for it). Some arsonist came and burnt the building down and then graffiti-ed all over the building afterward.

Just seems like this is getting worse. So I think I shall continue to stay home and do nothing.
  • SoHowLongIsThisGonnaTake
    SoHowLongIsThisGonnaTake Posts: 268 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I'm still a bit paranoid and think it may be a "mass sheeple control"...can't help it, so drastic a change -

If it makes you feel less paranoid about sheeple control conspiracies, the US has done quarantines before. During the Spanish Flu in 1918, St. Louis quarantined early and long. The American Red Cross started making masks instead of bandages. St. Louis had the lowest death rate among the 10 largest cities at that time. People thought it was against their rights and government was overstepping, but as you can see, life did eventually return to normal. There was no underlying conspiracy.

Philadelphia ignored it, and did not cancel a parade. Within days, every hospital bed in the city was full. They eventually did close the city, but by then it was too late.

12,000 people died in Philadelphia. St. Louis had less than 700.

Right now, as of this morning, the US has over 96,000 deaths from Coronavirus.

And if you want to brace yourself, you can see what you're being sheltered from. These people would much prefer mask wearing and quarantine than what they're dealing with.

https://youtu.be/4Uk8WOAGFdE

https://youtu.be/XHsfjnRB-uA

https://youtu.be/Os1TJHJ_ijc

• eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Yeah, it sucked no visitors and family refuse to see me when I had my little one back in March. I feel for women who go through it alone when there isn't a pandemic.

My cousin just had a baby too, she allowed the grandparents to visit, and her siblings. She wants us to go visit but I rather wait, if the baby were to get sick, I don’t want to be a thought or have that on me. She sends a lot of videos, sucks we’re missing out on her at this stage though.

Yeah, it sucked being a new mom, sleep deprived, husband still working, and no help or celebration. It hurt my feelings, too. And I was praying the midwives checking up on me with follow up calls didn't think I had postpartum depression because my depression was feeling utterly isolated and unloved (even if I *knew* it was people wanting to take precautions) and instantly went away when people started to have me over again. Now I want another!

I visit my family whenever I want now and all is good. They've held baby. I get help. I don't know where you live, but in places where people aren't crowded in buildings and it's more sprawled out (even just suburban vs urban) it's doesn't seem nearly as prevalent. Florida has been doing pretty well, having prioritized nursing homes which make up a huge percentage of those who die. Biggest complaints I hear is how people have not been receiving unemployment. That's all the comments under the governor's press briefings. "I've been waiting weeks! Fix the system!"