Newbie question?

5Katey
5Katey Posts: 371 Member
Was checking out "groups"; they don't seem very active, those I found with more than just a couple members, haven't been active for a year or longer. Question: do most members just use the main forum over groups?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I would say yes, for the most part people just use the boards over the groups.

There are a few really active groups that recruit toward the end of each month as they only add new members at the start of a new month.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    I'm in the Fat 2 Fit Weight Loss group and it's very active. They recruit for new members at the end of the month so I would imagine June registration will be up next week. Check it out as I've found it really helpful and supportive :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

• 5Katey
    5Katey Posts: 371 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the insight, will look into it😊
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've noticed that too about groups. All those highlighted by MFP seem to not be active any more. They have a lot of members, but not much interaction.

The Leslie Sansone Walk At Home Group (Leslie is a fitness instructor) is fairly active. We don't have a lot of members, 2,220 is all, but we have a monthly challenge thread that's been going strong for many years. :)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Groups are hit and miss. It really depends on the topic.

Challenges (in the challenges section of the forum) tend to be quite active.

I (and most of my FL group) tend to primarily interact on our walls. Although only maybe 1/2 of that is fitness related and we talk about all kinds of things. We get to know each other and kind of support each other in all aspects of life.

Some people interact primarily on the forums answering questions and sharing insight and things.

There’s no right way or even right mix. Just jump in with what appeals to you and seems like your people.