Any other vsg/sleevers?!

Options
Hi- I had vsg surgery a little over a year ago. I’ve lost 80 lbs so far and hit a stall for several months and actually started to gain a few pounds back from inactivity and snacking during the quarantine. I decided it’s time to get serious and mindful about my nutrition and exercise again. So, here I am! :)

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I had a sleeve almost 6 years ago. I started at 400lbs. I lost half of my body weight (198 was the lowest I made it to). My goal weight is 174. That gets me to a normal BMI. I hit a stall (actually it just got harder to loose and I got lazy) and started to gain. I went back up to 250. I realized that I needed to do something so I did. I got more active and started watching what I put in my body. My stomach has reshrunk after stretching it out and I have started to go in the right direction. It was the best decision I have ever made in my life. I wouldn't change it.
  • DoVaya
    DoVaya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had VSG 12/20/19. I’m down about 45 lbs, I really want to lose another 30-40 lbs. I need to be accountable to what food decisions I make. When I work I do much better, but with COVID I was off for almost 2 months. So I think I didn’t loose any during that time. Going back to work but struggling with leaving my kids to do so.😩 praying I can get super focused and push for my 30-40 lbs.
  • figgy231023
    figgy231023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I had my VSG done on Sep 30 of 2019! I am down just over 100lbs leaving me at 190 right now. I feel i have a heavy stall at least 1 time a month and it’s so frustrating! When this happens i give myself a “cheat day” where i just don’t track to give my metabolism a little push. I am always wondering how many calories other VSG peeps are eating?! how do you count calories and how many do you do? do you restrict to a certain # of carbs?!
  • greenkaren731
    greenkaren731 Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @StephanieeeJean I’m a bariatric patient. I had a gastric bypass in April 2010. I went from 24st 7lb to 10st losing 14st 7lb. I lost that amount in little over a year. As the years have gone on I’ve had health problems occur. I’ve gained 5st over the last 3-4 years but I have mobility issues. I feel like I’ve let myself down. I know I’m nowhere near where I used to be and I have to tell myself I’ve come a long way, I’m really unhappy with my weight but I’m ready mentally and I’m determined more than ever. My diets been really poor for years. Suffer iron deficiency and have hypoglycaemia. I suffer with mobility issues and I have fibromyalgia, essential tremor and suffer myoclonic jerks. All these have occurred over the last 4-5 years. I’m trying to move more and do some light exercise, I’m in a good mental state to take back my life and shift some weight. I’ve done it once I’ll do it again 👍🏻
  • trophylicious
    trophylicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Had my VSG on August 6, 2019! Down 84 pounds but definitely have been stuck in the 230s for the whole of quarantine. I actually regained a bit because I was given steriods for a pulled back muscle in the beginning of quarantine. Thankfully have lost that weight and back to dancing around 228/230 on the scale.

Reallllly tired of the 230s lol. I'm exercising daily, so I know I need to be more mindful of eating! I do take comfort in that inches are dropping but 215 would mark that 100lb milestone!

I tend to be awesome food-wise during the work week, but then I hit weekend mode...oyyy. I feel like I'm behaving more like I'm in maintenance that still weight loss mode.

Refocusing and staying accountable! Trying really hard not to obsess, but this surgery was a big decision and I'd hate to waste the opportunity 😕.

Anyone else struggle??
  • trophylicious
    trophylicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I had my VSG done on Sep 30 of 2019! I am down just over 100lbs leaving me at 190 right now. I feel i have a heavy stall at least 1 time a month and it’s so frustrating! When this happens i give myself a “cheat day” where i just don’t track to give my metabolism a little push. I am always wondering how many calories other VSG peeps are eating?! how do you count calories and how many do you do? do you restrict to a certain # of carbs?!

I'm definitely guilty of the cheat meal/cheat day!! I usually have to do 1-2 days of lower carbs if i overdo the cheat. I aim for 1200 calories daily since I do exercise daily. I've checked back on my emails with my nutritionist around the 6 month mark and she told me no more than 15-30g of starchy (non-veggie) carbs per meal. Going to try and refocus on that plan!