Losing weight with PCOS

Options
Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in several years, and I'm wanting to get back into it. I have PCOS and weight loss is very difficult for me so I'm looking for other women who are dealing with this, for advice/friendship! Feel free to send me a message or friend request.

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hi, while I was never diagnosed with PCOS, I do know people who have it. None of these metabolic diseases are easy and people don't realize that others have them. I am a former diabetic dialysis patient who was given a new life with a kidney/pancreas transplant. I have 70 pounds to loose to get to a healthy weight for me. Please add me as a friend if you would like. I would send a friend request but don't know how to do it.
  • williamtyler058
    williamtyler058 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You will be fine.
  • Litebritemamma
    Litebritemamma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I have pcos as well. I would love a friend. I’m on day 5 of this journey!🙂🙂🙂Add me and we can help each other along!
  • BEANZ1001
    BEANZ1001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was recently diagnosed with PCOS in November 2019. I would love to hop along your journey with you! Add me if you'd like! 😁
  • lilmiss91188
    lilmiss91188 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was first diagnosed with pcos but then found out I actually have endometriosis. I know the struggle of losing weight weight while having a hormonal imbalance. It’s not impossible but it takes effort. You got this girl!
  • jd444455
    jd444455 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Stick with it.
  • heatheralamode
    heatheralamode Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also trying to lose with PCOS...it’s a climb to put it nicely lol...I’d be happy to cheer each other on and vent when needed (;
  • pedwa
    pedwa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have pcos- I was overweight for years then went low(ish) carb (still unlimited veggies etc, just no white carbs, dark chocolate and Stevia sweets). I ate unlimited amounts- the weight FELL OFF and lasted that way for about 5 years. I’ve gotten slack with sugar and carbs in the last 2/3 years and noticed an increase in weight again. I’m not as big as I was before but I do believe that sugar/white carbs are linked to weight gain with pcos.
    What have you guys found?
    I’d love an accountability partner or team is anyone is interested?
  • zena04us
    zena04us Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and was diagnosed back in 1997. I have been on a roller coaster of different weight loss methods and treatments for irregular cycles. I ultimately finally had a hysterectomy in 2018 at 44 yrs old and now i'm working on trying to get the rest of the extra weight off. I found that diet and exercise are the best ways to get the weight off and keep it off. I did an extreme challenge at a local gym and lost 70 lbs in 18 weeks and have kept that 70 off for the last 5 years. I however then went towards a more extreme approach and was working to compete in a bodybuilding show and reached a plateau and could not loose any more weight. I was converting lot so of muscle but the scale was not moving at all. Found an Endocrinologist and just got a prescription for Saxenda and only been on it for 4 days now but already down 8lbs. I hope this will help me get the last 50 lbs off and i can just maintain after that. I eat healthy I'm a Pescatarian for the last 3 years and don't eat dairy mostly due to allergies and limit gluten due to inflammation so I'm really hopeful that this drug will be the last step to get me closer to my goals. It's been a constant struggle for the last 20+years. I'm sure some of y'all can relate.