Dip hips?

Options
What is y'alls opinion on dip hips? Is there an exercise that covers them? Are they even worth covering? Do you find them attractive/don't care or notice them?

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Sexy AF.
  • riffwalkdale
    riffwalkdale Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Sexy AF.

I'm surprised, to be honest.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hip dips are generally genetic so there isn't much that can be done, even if you build muscle in the glutes for some people they become more apparent, others it can help even it out.
    They don't bother me, I do find mine reduce as I lose weight and build up my glutes. It also depends how I pose in a photo.
  • riffwalkdale
    riffwalkdale Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Hip dips are generally genetic so there isn't much that can be done, even if you build muscle in the glutes for some people they become more apparent, others it can help even it out.
    They don't bother me, I do find mine reduce as I lose weight and build up my glutes. It also depends how I pose in a photo.

Good to know. I find only if I get stickly thin they are less apparent, but I'm sick and tired of losing curves for the sake of getting rid of them. I'm about to just accept them👏👏👏
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Sexy AF.

I'm surprised, to be honest.

I never had them until I started building up my quads. Now that I have shapely legs, I have hip dips. I think they look amazing.

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I had hip dips for a while when I was near my goal and after. I didn't mind them at all. I just wanted the excess fat to be gone off my body.

However, they have filled after years of maintenance. I do a lot of consistent brisk walking. Not sure if that helped or not but they are gone.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Genetics, mostly.

I have mild hip dips, I do not mind them in the least.