Not Sure

Options
Hello, this is my first week. I find I am having trouble getting enough protein. I am doing the low carb plan. When I try to increase my protein my fat seems to go as well. No balance in this. I have lost 5 pounds in 8 days but that seems like a lot for such a short period. Any ideas? Thank you Johnna

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It does not matter if you go over the macro goals, mfp turns them red but that's just silliness.. especially if they are healthy fats, those can be consumed unlimited, and mfp does not distinguish between both

Screenshot-20200524-212028-Chrome.jpg

I go over every day.

Macros are changeable and you can make them higher or lower to gear towards your needs.
  • Anthem76
    Anthem76 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This happens to me as well. Whenever I up my protein with foods I enjoy (nuts, full-fat dairy, etc.), my fat intake increases in tandem. This works for me because I find protein + fat satiating. Carbs just make me hungrier. All's well as long as you're meeting your calorie goal and eating in a sustainable way that you enjoy and meets your needs. That said, when I feel I need a lower-fat protein bomb, I enjoy trimmed roasted chicken breast.
  • johnnarbrts
    johnnarbrts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks this really makes me feel better. I don’t meet my calories everyday, but then that’s comes out at 1470. For me that is to much. But I do make sure my calories come in over 1200. My main concern is the carbs and sugar. Trying to keep inflammation down. So again thanks for the replies.
  • KrissFlavored
    Options
    You are a man, you should be eating over 1500.. and that's for a short and sedentary man.

You need to start eating more, you are risking your health and lean muscle for absolutely no reason
  • johnnarbrts
    johnnarbrts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name can be kinda of confusing I am a female. No worries.
  • KrissFlavored
    Options
    Having your photo up now does help, yes.