Goal - 30kgs by December 2020

Hi all,

I want to lose 30kgs by the end of 2020..
Height - 5'2,
Weight - 87 kgs

Is it possible!??

If yes, then what would be the best diet plan and exercise to achieve my goal

Thank you 😓😬

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    There is a difference between if something is possible and if something is a good idea. 30 kg in 30 weeks, or 66lbs in 30 weeks for those who don't do decimal, it's very aggressive. That rate is OK for someone with a lot of weight to lose, in the beginning. But as you lose weight and have less weight to lose, you should taper down to slower rates of loss.
    The faster you lose weight, the more muscle you will burn in the process. In top of that, a very aggressive rate of loss requires a large calorie deficit. The larger the deficit, the more likely you won't be able to stick to your calorie goal and end up giving up or binging.

Slow and steady wins the race and weight loss with a strict deadline is rarely a good idea in my book...
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    One reply before going to bed, and now an addendum after waking up :wink:

You don't need a 'diet plan', you just need to eat fewer calories than you burn. You can eat the foods you like, in more appropriate portions. With time you might consider replacing certain foods with others because they are less calorie dense, satiate you more, are healthier...

As for exercise:
    - it isn't necessary for weight loss, but if you do exercise, you are intended to eat back (a reasonable estimate of) those calories and then you will be allowed to eat more. This can make your weight loss more sustainable and easier to stick to.
    - Do whatever exercise you enjoy, and in accordance with your goal. For weight-loss/being able to eat more, anything that burns calories is fine, pick what you like. Resistance training is recommended to maintain muscle mass as you lose weight. If you have fitness goals, the type of exercise will depend on your goals.
  • Kukkie157
    Kukkie157 Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Lietchi Thank you so much 😀