I’m looking for my crew

Options
kimcalica
kimcalica Posts: 524 Member

Hello! I’m a returner looking for some motivated ladies! Sorry men! I’ve always felt like we women lose weight differently than men and men just don’t understand our issues. Also, too many men have ulterior motives and I just don’t have time for any of that! I’ve got a job to do!!!

Here’s my story

My journey has been long. In 2010 I weighed 275 when I had my son. He has a genetic disorder that causes low muscle tone and insatiable hunger. It really scared me!
I started trying to get it together because I knew my lifestyle was dangerous for a child like mine.
I initially lost 30 lbs in the first 2 years but I really didn’t take off until 2012 when I started using myfitnesspal.
Between 2012 and 2015 I lost 100 lbs with the momentum of a freight train.
My son watched all this and was raised with this very extreme view on food and active lifestyle, which is necessary to keep him happy and healthy! I’m so grateful it all fit! And now I’m seeing the results pay off! He’s in the 70th percentile for weight!!!
I kept the weight off until I had surgery to remove the skin in 2017. Happy at 145, I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. DIRECTLY after, I gained 2O pounds! Leaving me at 165. I eventually took off 10 lbs but it took 6 months 😖.. 6 months later I was scheduled for the arm skin surgery which took me down again. 2018, I’m back up 155. In the year 2019, i tried to keep it together. At the end of 2019, our family enjoyed a Hawaiian cruise for Christmas. When I returned I was a whopping 170lbs!! I went to work and killed it! I was so on fire!! I took it down to 160 in 3 weeks!
Then, the world just dropped out from not only me, but the whole world! I think I really kept it together really well for the first three weeks! But then I began to slowly unravel. Between homeschooling my special needs son, and seeing every comfort outside the home being twisted and changed.. I just lost control of myself. My scale was back up to 170. And worse than that.. I could see and feel the puffy chub spilling out all over.
Last week I had a lightning strike. I ate 4 doughnuts in one day.. I asked myself, “why do I even have doughnuts in the first place!! I don’t even eat gluten!!!” After several weeks of feeling like crap and barely being able to get off the couch, I realized it was time to bring back that girl that has fire in her blood every day!
For the last 5 days, I’ve been that girl! And I want to take a new crew with me here on MFP!

Replies

• Happylittlevegan
    Happylittlevegan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’ll be your friend, and get that fire back in our bellies - instead of doughnuts!!
  • jd444455
    jd444455 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kim.
  • lara_nicoli
    lara_nicoli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'll be your MFP friend. I'm also a special needs mum, my son also has a rare genetic condition. I think quarentine has been a testing time for all even without weight gain and body confidence issues! (Something I too believe that women suffer from more in a different way to men). Where abouts are you based?
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim. I'd love to be friends. I started trying to lose weight in 2010 and have been up and down ever since. I have trouble sticking with the calorie counting, so I'm really hoping having some friends to keep me accountable will help. :)
  • MissHw87
    MissHw87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’d love to be friends with you all. My son is 2, and I’m aiming to lose the 70lb that I gained during pregnancy. Add me 🙂
  • corpsebride3406
    corpsebride3406 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me x
  • eacerda23
    eacerda23 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm determined to lose weight and keep it off. I have been steadily gaining weight for years now and have finally accepted that something needs to change and remain as my "new normal". Anyone can feel free to send me a friend request. I'm looking for MFP friends for support and encouragement.
  • chedaze
    chedaze Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim.

I am looking for a group of women who are wanting to do check-ins for our short term goals on a weekly basis. I hope to find a group who are motivated as me and who can be supportive to each other for the long haul.
    Trying to loose 50lbs but staying focused on small goals for now.

My story:
    I’ve moved to Nigeria one year ago from Seattle. Big move. The 6 months before the move were busy and distracted me from my routine so I started to gain.
    Then I found myself in a new place with very different foods available, not a lot of health foods, and I don’t eat meat...it’s been challenging to keep my diet in check.
    I had been working with a trainer 2hoursx3x a week for the past 6 months but wasn’t loosing weight. Since Covid lockdown, I got an elliptical..
    Since Covid up to present: I’ve been super motivated.
    Current workout for the week:
    Vinyasa yoga: 30mins x 3 per week
    Elliptical: 45mins x 5 per week
    HIIT workouts: 30mins x 4 per week

If this sounds like what you’re interested in a group, let’s combine forces :-) good luck everyone!