What's your why?

Options
I decided it was time to finally lose weight about two months ago. Since that time I have logged inconsistently, made excuses, and not made any progress. So, I have spent the last couple days reflecting on what I'm doing wrong. I think I have found it! I have not identified my why. So now I'm soul searching to find the core reason I want to fulfill this journey.

Please share, what is your why?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have lots of whys

- Health (physical and mental) is a big one. I don’t want to end up with diabetes or other health conditions because of my weight. And eating healthy and exercise are great for my mental health.

- My husband and I are planning to try for a baby in the next couple months. That was a big motivator at the start of my weight loss and it’s still keeping me going as I’m nearing my goal.

- Vanity reasons. I want to feel good and look good.

- Small things like wanting to be able to keep up with my husband on hikes also motivates me. Weight loss has improved my life in big ways but it’s also improved my life in small, daily living ways as well.
  • DjPeazy
    DjPeazy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is my second time at losing weight ..lost all motivation but now I want a 6 pack for my bday next year so I am trying my hardest to not fall back into old habits again cause putting it on is easy but taking it off is most definitely not
  • Redmond70
    Redmond70 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My why. I let myself go slowly over the years. I woke up one day to find myself not liking what was looking back at me in the mirror. somthing had to change. As I like the mirror, it had to be me.

Through this journey I'm on. I dont dwell on my failures they happen. I have success on the scale and off. The benefits definitely outweigh the negative. My seen mental health improved and how I feel good about myself. I'm still along way from my target. But I get there.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to be healthy and active when I'm older. I want to be able to go on long hikes and pick my grandchildren up when I'm older. My son is currently 3 and I don't want him worrying about me dying young in the same way we worry about his Nanna and grandad.
  • cropperhopper
    cropperhopper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My why is simple. I want to look good when I turn 50 next March. I started in july of last year, and I have 50 pounds off. I want to lose another 42 pounds by march 2021. I would prefer to look good in a bikini for the first time since I was 12. For me, I ate when I was unhappy. I have finally achieved try happiness since at least 2007 when I was forced to go on disability from Fibromyalgia. It took 13 long years to come to terms with the cards I had been dealt. I believe we are in control of how we feel. I have decided to be happy no matter what, and that I need new goals and dreams. My original goal weight was 180. I am still 10 pounds away. My new goal is 150. I joined healthy wage where I bet $10 a month that I will reach 175 pounds by next October (2021). If I achieve this goal, I will win over $400! I want to use this money to buy new much smaller clothes. I encourage you to check it out. This app has been featured on the news. If I had originally placed a bet, I would have won a couple thousand dollars. I wasn't sure that I could do it in the beginning.
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is a good question! I have struggled with this but here is my main why:

To be fit and lean in my fifties. My body will inevitably deteriorate, but I will control what I can.
  • RedLightViolation
    RedLightViolation Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband is a smoking hot guy. I want to be closer to his equal than to look like a slob.

When we got together almost 10 years ago, we were both thin and fit. I had a baby and never lost the baby weight. Instead I've gained loads more.

How did I get like this? We eat the same foods and yet he looks great. I look terrible. I went from a size 3 to a size closer to 20 .

I am 5 foot tall.

Sw 176
    Gw110
  • rosammr
    rosammr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    my why:

I'm getting older and I am dreading getting health issues: cholesterol, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, diabetes etc.

I'm losing agility due to my weight.

I don't like they way I look since I put all this weight on. Buying clothes is such a torture!

I honestly don't think losing weight will make me automatically happier, but it definitely will make me healthier and it is going to boost my self-confidence.