Striving savages, tenacious tribe, contending coterie (CLOSE

Options
WE ARE ALL THESE THINGS. no matter what team name we end up with, we are going to conquer September. This is going to be our forum and where we can talk and port your updates. I'll check it as much as possible. Feel free to message me with any questions or updates. If I don't personally know the answer, I'll find it out... unless its something about the meaning of life... I don't know that one yet. but I've heard Monty Python has a movie about it.

I sent you all messages via MFP. Meaning you know how to contact me, and how to get here. And you know your other members. Add them. Keep us all motivated. And goodluck to everyone! We ARE going to do great.

Replies

• PersuingPetite
    PersuingPetite Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Introduce yourself! Lets get to know who are amazing team is.

My name is Kat, which I explained in the message I personally sent to all of you, I go by Pierce. I'm a girl, 18, and from Los Angeles California!!

I'm currently 140.5lbs.
    However, I'm in terrible shape and easily 15 of those pounds are unwelcomed, so this month. Im getting myself in shape, and shaving off the most i possibly can. the Sky is the limit
  • PersuingPetite
    Options
    OOPS! In the messages I forgot to list our team!!! here we are!

LostEmo
    antijen
    KlareBigBum
    rae_mayer
    Denise310
    aggiecs
    baybeeboo
    sunniebeehealthy
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Hi All,
    Well I'm Rae. I'm 24 years old and have always been super out of shape. My goal is to eventually lose almost 150 lbs and I've lost about 30 so far. (I'll get there!) I'm trying to make positive changes before my 25 birthday so that I don't have to spend another 25 years like this! :tongue:

I was briefly on another team but that fell apart so I'm glad to get going on this one! I was worried about how hard the challenges will be but as a pygmy or a nomad I think I'll do all right!

Rae
  • PersuingPetite
    Options
    A lot of teams seem to be falling apart, if you know up to 3 people who have lost teams, or would like to join, have them send me a message!
  • PersuingPetite
    Options
    ALSO. to our team. update me each week on is you met or were under you calorie goal (meaning green numbers!) so if you were all teh days 7/7 for calorie goal, of maybe just 3, 3/7 calorie goal. THOSE DAYS INCLUDE a full 8 cups of water. try and get those everyday. they are so so important. ALSO. try EACH day to do the weekly challenge. this first week, it's doing the "bear walk" for 3 minutes STRAIGHT. everyday you do all three of those things completly, (bear walk, under calorie goal, 8 cups of water), we get an extra point PER PERSON. so lets get to it!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hia my name is Carol and I came late to this challenge but it seems pretty awesome, challenging , 2 years ago I was over 300lb and my daughter (age 6) came home and said I was the fattest mammy in class! This was a total wake up call, what was I doing to her, not a good role model. So I started working out alone with guidance from the PE staff at my school, I am a teacher. Then swimming I now do 5 classes a week including trx, circuit training, yoga, bootcamp and gym sessions. So this looks awesome! in the last 2 years I have lost 76lb.

So what do I need to do? Where do I find info on the challenge? Bear walk is it? Or have u moved on to something new?

I am 226 lb today. And was within my cal goal yesterday and will be today! Working on the water- did well today.
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    I feel a little bad since I wasn't able to complete the mini challenge for week 1 and I went over my calorie goal one of the days. I did complete all of my daily challenges though so I'm getting there! :)

For this week are we supposed to weigh in again?
  • PersuingPetite
    Options
    yes! weigh in once a week on either sunday or monday. and no worries, it takes a while to build the muscles or get used to moving htat much. I would know :]

also, here's this coming weeks challenges:

it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN! Keep going strong!

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Tomorrow's my weigh-in for a different challenge so I'll post then! :)
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    my name is Jan. I am 32 and late starting because my team apparently fell apart and I had no idea and was just happily posting my weight and challenges on my wall wit no clue whatsoever. I nearly quit the challenge out of confusion but thank goodness someone messaged me about a team and now here i am!
  • PersuingPetite
    Options
    Im glad you were able to find us. if you know anyone else that needs a team send then over!
  • caroltina
    Options
    Cool what day is/ was day 1? Monday? It is late Tuesday night here in the uk now!
  • caroltina
    Options
    If today was day 1 I did all but the bear walk which I can do before bed!! Yet!
  • mom22kiddos
    mom22kiddos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I was not included on your list of team members but I did recieve a message from you so I am assuming that I am on the team :) My name is Jessi. I am 24, mom to a 4 year old little boy and 3 year old little girl, and wife to my husband Mathew. I was also apart of another team that fell apart so glad to be back on track. I wasn't getting any updates on what excercises to do so I did the excercises on the first and since then have not done any. Not sure what they are for today but will go with day 1 on the list you provided. I am excited to be back on a team and back on track. Will weigh myself tonight after the gym and give you my start weight after that. :)
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I may be off but I think we should be finishing Week 2 Day 2 today. If I am off please let me know!!!

I did my W2D1 exercises yesterday and I walked 3.5 miles so that should give us at least 2 extra miles for the weekly team challenge! :)

I am heading to the gym to do my W2D2 exercises in just a few minutes.

I hope everyone is having a good night (or day if you're in another timezone!)
  • caroltina
    Options
    Bump - anyone out there
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    It sure doesn't look like it.