Chips and sweets are my weakness

Options
I'm trying so hard to eat healthy, but sometimes my cravings get the best of me. Sometimes I get a big craving for chips, I try to only eat 1 serving of them, but sometimes I let my craving get the best of me and have 2 or 3 servings instead. Same with anything sweet, especially chocolate.
One of my biggest problems is I let my emotions take over my hunger. And so I'll eat a lot more than I want to because I justify it with my emotions.

Does anyone have this similar problem? How have you dealt with it?

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I let myself eat chips...I try to only get the small bags though from Subway...or 7/11. That way, when they're gone, they're gone and I've only eaten a serving :D
  • robynroo
    Options
    i get big cravings for ice cream. i haven't got over it. i still have a bowl for pudding every evening. but i still manage the rest of my meals so that i am getting to my calorie goal.
    also if i'm ever tempted to go into the shop to buy sweets or chocolate. i think about how i want to look in a couple months, and well most of the time i do stop.
    also if you do buy your food, try and stop your self to buy your cravings. if you dont have the food you crave. you wont be tempted to eat them.
    etc etc etc
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I discovered Special K Kracker Chips. Sea salt flavor. The chip dilemma was solved.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Can't help you with the sweets, but for chips ... get some Special K cracker chips. They are great tasting and have much less calorie content than regular chips. They are great with Picante sauce, too.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If I buy the larger bags or packages I try to put them into single servings. Then I try to only eat one serving--sometimes I eat 2--depends. Then I amp up my exercise for that day. I find that if I try to not eat any of the sweets/chips--I eat around them & then I will still eat what I'm craving. Good Luck
    :flowerforyou:
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    pretzel m&ms are good for the cravings--only 150 calories in a bag!
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This was my same problem and thought I would never get control of it...especially, Chips (They go 2 the Hips): Cut the easier stuff first and sort of gave my self little reasons for why I can do without it...for instance: Fast Food (I save money eating at home), Soda (1 can has the equivalent of 10-12 tsp. of sugar).

Now, I absolutely Loved Chips (Pringles, Doritos, Cheetos, etc;) 1st obstacle was stop buying them so, I stopped buying those large bags at the grocery store...plus, its just me and i didn't need all that; Then, I replaced that lg bag with crackers (cracker choices are awesome now) which I wouldn't eat that much of and, now when I wanted chips I have to "walk" to the corner store for an individual bag. Then lol, I said, one day why am i walking to the store when i can just go downstairs to the snack machine...so now I was doing this but now the bag of chips was alot smaller ...get my point! lol

The candy i used to enjoy kind of went hand in hand with the chips. So, i ultimately weaned off both. They both still stalk me...zingers too but, I count and monitor my calories so closely and have been working out so hard that...none of it is really worth the extra weight you put on, the belly bulge, etc; not anymore.