Binge eating episode

How do others deal with a huge slip up, and total binge eating mishap!!
I ate 1870 calories OVER my daily calorie count to lose weight😟🥺
Chips, chocolate bars, Cinnamon danishes, etc etc.
I feel so ashamed a disappointed in myself.

Replies

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    One big overfeed doesn’t make a difference long term. It’s when that turns into weeks and months of over eating. We all over eat. Just forget it and get back on track the next day. I overate by a similar amount last week. Scale was up a bit the next few days but it’s down again today.
  • RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    Thank you for the feedback....lol no pun intended. It was not in any way about hunger and I know that. Just need to change the responses to stress. Binge eating has been my go to for several years.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,971 Member
    rnc52012 wrote: »
    Thank you for the feedback....lol no pun intended. It was not in any way about hunger and I know that. Just need to change the responses to stress. Binge eating has been my go to for several years.

That's a great insight: Now, you can begin to explore other forms of stress management. Common things include exercise, self-pampering (that bubblebath sort of idea, but adjusted to your preferences ;) ), meditation, absorbing/distracting hobby activity, listening to soothing music, etc.

Best wishes!
  • nataliecg926
    nataliecg926 Posts: 82 Member
    I just ate 5,000 calories over my goal on Sunday...lol it was delicious. but all you have to do is get right back to it the next day and not let it effect you mentally. I used to binge and then say "well, my week is f'd so I'm just going to eat bad the rest of the week". You just can't think that way. I also try and help myself by eating under my calorie goal for the rest of my week by 100 or 200 calories just to make up for it in some small way, but as someone said above that may not be best for everyone. But otherwise, move on and don't worry too much as long as it doesn't become a habit.