Trying to lose 10 kg in 2 months! Need help :)

Options
Basic question but yes ... gratefull if someone can answer it!

If I want to lose 10kg in 60 days then I should eat about 1380 kcal or less. I calculated this using various apps. But how much kcal should I burn per day (by exercising, of course) to reach the goal?

Sincerely
Kalai

Replies

• freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That's 22 pounds in just over 8 weeks so 2.5 pounds a week. If you are very big now you might be lucky I guess but without knowing your current weight, height and sex, it is impossible to say.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    kalai19 wrote: »
    Basic question but yes ... gratefull if someone can answer it!

If I want to lose 10kg in 60 days then I should eat about 1380 kcal or less. I calculated this using various apps. But how much kcal should I burn per day (by exercising, of course) to reach the goal?

Sincerely
    Kalai

10 kg in 2 months is a very aggressive goal, and not healthy unless you have a lot more weight to lose.

If you do have 35+ kgs to lose in total, set up your profile in MFP, set your goal to lose 2 lbs per week, and eat the calories MFP tells you to. The deficit you need will already be in your calorie goal, so you don't have to burn extra calories to get there.

If you only need to lose 10kg to get to a healthy weight, you should set your goal to lose more like 1 lb per week. Losing faster will risk losing more muscle along with the fat than you need to, and will make it far more likely you will struggle and hit the proverbial wall.