Coconut Milk vs Almond Milk- Taste?

Options
I've been using Silk Unsweetened Almond milk in my protein shakes, and noticed their Coconut Milk at the store the last time I bought some. After much debate with myself, I took home the Almond Milk as usual because of the lower calorie and fat content. But I LOVE coconut!
So my question to those who have tried the Coconut Milk (Silk's is not the same thing as the real stuff you get in a small can in the so-called Asian food aisle), does it taste like coconuts? I don't really think the almond milk tastes like almonds. I could drink it if I didn't like almonds, and never would have guessed that's what it was supposed to be if I didn't already know.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    The coconut "milk" is okay. I like the almond better, and I love coconut.

Try some. They have a coconut "milk" creamer, too.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I liked it mixed with my chocolate protein shake, but I still prefer almond milk mainly because of the taste and health benefits.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My husband drinks it and prefers coconut
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    So Delicious makes amazing coconut milks - the vanilla is only 90 a cup and the unsweetened is 50 I believe. I'm not sure about the chocolate though - might be 100 a cup? They have both refrigerated half gallons and aseptic (shelf stable) liters. It's our favorite "milk". Give it a try!
  • LycosNyctereutes
    Options
    So Delicious makes amazing coconut milks - the vanilla is only 90 a cup and the unsweetened is 50 I believe. I'm not sure about the chocolate though - might be 100 a cup? They have both refrigerated half gallons and aseptic (shelf stable) liters. It's our favorite "milk". Give it a try!

Haven't seen that brand around here, will have to look for it. Thanks for the tip, I'm glad to see there's one with 50 cal.