Starting Again

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Ally. I'm 29, and I have been a member of mfp for ten years. I have been trying to lose weight off and on for a good portion of those ten years. I am definitely a serial starter. I start, obsess over losing weight, get distracted and start to slack off, then quit. It has happened more times than I can count.

What I really need is a good support system. I have my husband, but after so long, I can tell he doesn't really think I'll ever lose weight and have it stick. I'd love a few more friends on here to help motivate me to keep going, so if you'd like you can add me. My diary is open, so if you see that I have missed a day logging, feel free to yell at me. :smile:

Replies

• BaximusT
    BaximusT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ally! I am a serial starter, too. I am also a teacher and just turned 47. I am also a stress eater and really benefit when I log everything in. Covid has affected me emotionally and physically and I can't afford to be unhealthy. Feel free to friend me for that accountability.
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    Options
    Hi Ally. I'm definitely re-booting again-COVID didn't help and I've been kinda MIA from MFP logging since it started. Feel free to friend for a nice nerdy friend. ^.^
  • jasonclev
    jasonclev Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Ally! I too am a serial restarter, as I have been off and on for 10 years, losing weight then gaining it back when I stop logging. We can do this! We just need to remember that consistency is the key!
  • LoochMama
    LoochMama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ally! I feel like I could’ve written this myself! I’d love to cheer each other on. Please add me!
  • CMillikan08
    CMillikan08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Please add me 😊 let’s support each other
  • mspenelopeparker644
    mspenelopeparker644 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Ally! You're not alone- I've been struggling to keep at it myself. I lost 20 pounds in my early 20's and kept it off for two years but ended up going through divorce and putting it all back on... and then some. It's been a struggle simply starting so you've got one on me there! I'm trying to loose 30 pounds right now just so I can feel like myself again.

Going to friend you! So excited to see you reach your goal!! We can do this!
  • mspenelopeparker644
    mspenelopeparker644 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay, turns out I don't know how to add someone as a friend. LOL Add me if you want! :D:p
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ally...Know that you aren't alone on this journey. Started quite a few times over the last 6 years. My WL seems to get sidetracked by health issues! These last 12 weeks have upended quite a few things but I promised myself I was going to stick to it this time! As @BaximusT said...I am also a teacher, just turned 55 and have struggled the last 12 weeks. Virtual Teaching isn't bad...it was just bad to have it thrown in my lap over a weekend with little time to plan...this led to Super Stress Eating / Not eating at all. Logging is the key and just remember that you are ACCOUNTABLE TO YOURSELF...but it helps to have friends along the way for that casual Kick In The Pants!
  • RainbowDash36
    RainbowDash36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something I’d write. I am a go-yo dieter. I have the goals to do 6k steps/25 floors (in my house mostly) daily. It’s the food part I’m having trouble with. Please add me for support 🙂
  • megancalorie
    megancalorie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi. Another yo-yo dieter here. I've lost with mfp before so I know it works with support of friends!