Thyroid Calcification???

Options
Hello,

Does anyone know what it means when they say that the thyroid nodules have calcification? I am so lost and new to this thyroid stuff...:( I am looking to hear about journeys you all have been on related to thyroid issues, as well as the do's and dont's that worked for you. My Endo wasn't the best explain-er and I was probably a bit distracted with the news...Any ideas, thoughts, or help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Replies

• nrparamedic1
    nrparamedic1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have they done a biopsy of the thyroid? Is the thyroid functioning? A calcified nodule can mean several things......they need to find out if it is solid or cyst like and if the thyroid is functioning or not (hot or cold). The nodule can either be benign or malignant. They can remove the nodule or you may be able to take thyroxine for the nodule. I have hasimoto's thyroiditis and I have a very hard time losing weight and a very easy time putting it on. I gained over 15lbs in about 3 weeks and my TSH was in the 600's. My condition causes me to be hyperthyroid and hypothyroid so it is very difficult for me to be treated appropriately. I would call and ask your physicians nurse what the diagnosis means for you. They can usually explain the situation 100% better than the physician most of the time. GOOD LUCK in your quest for health. MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU!!!!!!!
  • Bethywethy93
    Options
    A calcification can be fixed in simple ways too depending on how serious it is.
    If it's a less serious one all you should have to do is have more sodium or iodine in your diet.
    If it's more serious, you will most likely my on a thyroid supplement such as levothyrexine or sythroid.
    I'm on levothyrexine,
    The first time a took it my weight came off wayy to fast, but after they adjusted it for me my weight regulated and i find I have no problem losing weight.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Uggghhh...wish I could say I knew something about this, but I don't. I have hypothyroidism and am on 100mcg levothyroxin. I hope you figure it out ..id call to schedule an appt with the doc to better understand . Good luck girly <3
  • niccole679
    Options
    I don't know what Calcification is, you might be able to call the Dr.'s office and see if they can have a Dr call you back to explain things to you, better.