Net Carbs

Options
ejago1
ejago1 Posts: 1 Member
Can I track net carbs in the app? Net carbs is total carbs minus dietary fiber.

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No, it's not possible, you will have to do this manually for now
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Track carbs, track fiber, do the math in your head, easy-peasy. Some also like to note the net carbs in the notes box.

Be careful you aren't using entries that are already net carb, though, as then you'd be subtracting fiber twice. (Most entries from outside of the US and Canada are net carb already, and many people have created net carb entries. You can also simply decide to use net carb entries and search for or create them.)
  • RealPipster
    RealPipster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not having the capacity to calculate macros using net carbs is a deal-breaker for me. I'm sad to leave this app because it has so many other strenghts and good features.
  • nmgu
    nmgu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So I log twice, once here for calories, and once in the Carb Manager app. That app will do it for you. It does a great job with net carbs.

If you are comfortable doing it yourself it’s total carbs, minus fiber, and sometimes minus sugar alcohols.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Not having the capacity to calculate macros using net carbs is a deal-breaker for me. I'm sad to leave this app because it has so many other strenghts and good features.

It's your carbohydrate intake minus your fiber intake, right? It's not a complex formula.

Yeah, it's basically early elementary school level math that everyone can presumably do in their head.
  • Gideon70
    Gideon70 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

It's your carbohydrate intake minus your fiber intake, right? It's not a complex formula.

Yeah, it's basically early elementary school level math that everyone can presumably do in their head.

Yes, the math is easy - but I don’t think that’s the point. Some of us use aggregator apps that pull data from MFP, and not having net carbs reflected is a real disadvantage - particularly for diabetics who consume foods with sugar alcohols (which should also be subtracted from the Total Carb count).