Tuna Steak for dinner

Options
Hi, I'm looking for a healthy recipe to cook up some tuna steaks for dinner. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jdub1011
    jdub1011 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to an easy and delicious tuna steak recipe. I use Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil for the base of the dipping sauce to reduce calories and fat. Also, I substitute fresh ingredients instead of the pastes that he uses. Combine this with sliced zuchini and yellow squash in the same marinade and grill along with the tuna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUm6U6w1Cf8
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    When it comes to meat (fish, steak, chicken) I'm kind of a purist. I don't like to put lots of seasonings and such on it. I'd rather enjoy the taste of the meat. My choice for tuna or salmon or even swordfish steaks is to grill it in foil with olive oil and some sea salt dashed across the top. Not much of a recipe but Great tasting in my book.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    dredge the tuna in sesame seeds, with salt and pepper. fry it in sesame oil on both sides. i dont know how good or bad it is for you, but it tastes like happiness.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do with tuna is marinate and grill it. SO easy and SO good.

Mix together in a bowl:
    2 Tb soy sauce
    juice of fresh lime
    Tb brown sugar
    Minced ginger
    Minced garlic
    Chopped cilantro
    If desired, chopped hot chili pepper

Mix the marinade and taste. You may want to adjust the acid (lime) or sugar. Pour it into a ziplock that contains the tuna steaks. Marinate in the fridge for at least a half hour, two or three hours preferred.

Grill lightly, don't overcook. Tuna is best when very rare, just seared. If you can't handle that, cook it more, but not til well done. It gets too dry.

This marinade works great for beef, too.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring! But I love my Foreman's grill. I just sprinkle some Mrs. Dash on both sides, toss it on the grill and close the lid. I think I have every Mrs. Dash flavor ever made and I love them all. Some fresh lemon juice and...viola!

Yum. Ooooo!