help with a water bottle to take to workout

I first want to apologize if this is in the wrong topic area. I wasn't sure exactly where it went. But my question is this, what is a really good workout bottle? I prefer glass, water just tastes fresher from glass, if at all possible. I have one now and I really like it but the problem is that it doesn't have a flip top lid so when I work out I constantly have to stop and unscrew the lid to get a drink and its a pain. The company keeps saying they are going to come out with a flip/sports lid but they never do. They keep putting off the release time. First it was 2008, then it was 2009, and now its not until 2012 or 2013. So now I'm looking for a new glass bottle that already has a flip lid top. I would also like it to have some kind of handle. If anyone could help me that would be great. It doesn't have to be glass but if I had my choice that's what I'd like. Any ideas?

Replies

• I know you are looking for glass, but if thats for taste reasons, i just got a britta water bottle and the taste is pretty great
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 429 Member
    I really like the camelback water bottles- there's a little bite straw that you can just suck all your water through. So, you really don't have to stop to get a refreshing drink. The bottles are BPA free, but they are not glass. Good bottles. they'll last you forever!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I like my Contigo water bottle - also plastic, but no problems with taste or anything and they are BPA free. I have the basic model, holds 24 oz. and is spill proof. Press a button on the back with one hand to open & drink. They also just came out with a Kangaroo model - has a flip out 'pouch' on the front for holding keys, ID, credit card etc - great at the gym!

http://www.gocontigo.com/water-bottles.html
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    I saw a nice glass water bottle in Shape magazine. It's called Bkr bottles from mybkr . com but I don't know if it's flip cap or twist :/