can you.............

Options
bank calories if you know that you have a special event on or would you do extra activities to burn any overload off?

before i would bank and overall for the week would not exceed my calorie intake

any advice please?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    bank calories if you know that you have a special event on or would you do extra activities to burn any overload off?

before i would bank and overall for the week would not exceed my calorie intake

any advice please?

someone here suggested that to me, and i think its ok, but not excessivly. like, if you come in under 200 for a few days before hand, you can "put them in the bank." but i wouldn't use it as a way to binge eat. besides, having a 'cheat' day is ok once in a while, and as long as its not you eating two pizzas at home and a case of beer. remember, this is a lifestyle change!!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Bad idea.

Just enjoy the day, try not to go too overboard.. then go back to normal.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i'd bank them, but keep in mind that your weight will probably fluctuate the day you eat more food than usual so you probably shouldn't weigh or should take your weight with a grain of salt.

if that makes sense.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I don't bank, but I will try to workout extra if I'm sure I'm going to go over. Sometimes ya just go over and call it a day to go over. The idea is not to create a regular "save/binge" scenario which is totally not healthy. We just take each day for what it is and also don't have tons of junk in the house so if we do have a "binge" it's usually fruit, cheese snack, or a protein bar. Today is a great example. I've got half my calories left and will probably go over with the grilling and BBQ tonight, but not by much and I'll hit the bike and weights to offset it.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Looking at your ticker, you are only just starting on your new life...is it some major event that you have to go to?

I wouldn`t try banking calories so early on in your journey.

Just my opinion x
  • micheledunne
    Options
    I never bank. if I know I am going to eat more that day I will put in extra workouts before and after I eat. Especially after I eat. If I dont have time I make sure it is first thing in the morning that I do my excercises. :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    In theory, it should balance out over a week, however I would use caution not to eat too few calories overall--like don't leave huge deficits on other days for a giant splurge on a single day. Maybe save up 50-100 or so on the other 6 days to use the bank on the 7th.

For me it seems to work best if I reconcile over 24 hours, rather than waiting a week. If I have a big calorie burn (say 2000 exercise cals) I can't eat in one day, I will eat some the day before and/or day after.

For me I don't stretch it over a longer period bc in the past the reason for my weight gain was that I was not eating enough to fuel my body for workouts. I used to eat minimum WW points and then splurge on Sat nights, but I discovered that overall my calorie intake was too little. Once I began eating more calories on the day that I burn them I lost weight.

I think of it like this: If I do a big workout on Tuesday, but save all my exercise calories for Saturday night, my body doesn't know I'm going to feed it extra on Saturday, it just knows I didn't feed it enough for the work I demanded of it on Tues. So for me, I think it slows down the metabolism.

blessings.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I don't bank...I work out harder days before the event and the day of..just so I don't blow it..if that helps..and I also eat super healthy in the day..if the event is at night...
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The smart money says to eat little and often. If I'm planning a blowout I just exercise like a demon the day after.
  • mcleo47
    Options
    I don't think that is okay. That said, I believe that you should not be punishing yourself during this lifestyle change. Live, love, eat as your as your day dictates. Then get back on the program. Try not to set yourself you by being too rigid.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Some people zig zag their week, eating more some days and less others and netting out the week instead of the day. I think I do this to some extent, I end up coming in low most days but I make up for it on weekends sometimes.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can .. just don't do it often, no more than once a week.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can .. just don't do it often, no more than once a week.
  • Jess5825
    Options
    I was kind of curious about this, because you know how WW lets your use your activity points for the entire week (at least they did with their old plan)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to my weekly average more than I do to my daily totals.