Day one and 220+

Options
Nadireth
Nadireth Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all,

Hope you're all good and surviving lockdown!

Restarting to track and calorie count my weight loss journey after several years; at my biggest I was nearly 17st and really unhappy with how I looked. I went down to 13/13.5st at one point but then struggled to go further.

Currently, I'm back at 15st 11 but with a slightly more muscular frame due to getting into strength training before this pandemic started. To be honest, I look and feel better than I used to - but because of the high pressure of my job/lifestyle (I work as an actor and a secondary school teacher) I'm still not happy with my weight. Most of it is on my stomach and hips and after being on various diet regimes from the age of around 12, I want it gone.

My goal is to loose 2 pounds per week and I'm currently 'sedentary' as I'm working from home, I'm currently on 1200 calories a day. Massive challenge for someone who has as much of a sweet tooth as I do!

Replies

• DarrellB1980
    DarrellB1980 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m only in my second week and my issue has always been food not working out or exercise but I have found that the send week I feel so much better and am now starting to have a blue print to save calories and what is good(Somewhat). It gets easier and it’s a life style change so it’s finding were you are comfortable. Best of luck
  • Jcrfitness13
    Jcrfitness13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This lock down can be very challenging you can do it though!
  • KristenLCook2
    KristenLCook2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm just restarting. Left MFP and did WW for almost a year but a job change and more recently, quarantine has greatly derailed my progress. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and continue with my healthy goals. For me, the biggest issues are that I'm a picky eater (really picky), I love to snack, and I hate exercising. :o I've been told by many people that I'll never be able to lose weight if I don't like salad. I'm here to prove that it can be done! I'm in this for the long haul. My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week.
  • ccarolynchaos
    ccarolynchaos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm dumb and can't figure out how to reply but @rodriguez12julio YES god the quarantine f*d my streak lol