Weight loss-target calories?

Hello I’m 20 years old 5’11 and I weighed myself at 200 lbs today and last time I checked I was at 215, I’ve been dieting for 2 weeks and averaging 1500-1650 calories every day. I don’t excerise much but I do go on walks and hikes frequently, so I apparently lost 15 pounds but my stomach looks the same and I fill out my shirts the same as 2 weeks ago . Idk I think I’m losing more muscle weight than fat and I wonder if I should increase my calories with more protein or if I should continue 1600 calories and lose weight at a rate of 2 pounds a week. I really want to lose weight as fast as possible tbh. Thank you lmk what you think I should target for

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    The minimum you should be eating is 1500 calories, and you should be logging and eating back your exercise calories. Unless you have 80 lbs or more to lose 2 lbs a week is to aggressive.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    15 lbs in two weeks is amazing progress. Though it’s probably quite a bit of water weight rather than fat or muscle. It’s hard to notice the changes at first. I highly recommend both progress pictures and measuring yourself.

I take progress pictures once a month (but you can do it more often!) Its much easier to see your progress in side by side pictures. I take a front, side, and back photo in a sports bra and leggings. Same spot, same pose, same time of day.

I do measurements once a week, even though I don’t actually see a change week to week but it does help me recognize the small changes that are happening. I measure my chest, waist, hips, arms, and legs.

Losing weight as fast as possible should never be the goal. The goal should be to make sustainable lifestyle changes that will allow you lose the weight and keep it off. Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. With 15 lbs in 2 weeks I wouldn’t say you need to change up anything. Just keep doing what you’re doing and have patience.